We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Only four and a bit weeks to go!

We're so excited - only four and a bit weeks to go and we'll be in sunny Barbados! Staying at Mango Bay.

That's it - just wanted to express my excitement! Though of course, any tips would be useful and welcomed.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

I'm confused!

Just wondered if someone could help! After reading 100's of reviews I'm in a complete state of confusion on where to stay in Barbados!

I'm torn between oceans two, mango bay, Waves and Tamarind.

I have stayed at almond spa and kings beach before but that was over 10 years ago and they don't look as good now!

I am looking for all inc - the only reason for this is for ease and choice, as we can then eat out of pay extra for things if we want too but it caps our spend.

Also who are the best agents to book with? I'm looking on vigins web site but I don't think it's the cheapest!

I really want some luxury as this is quite an important break that's needed but my budget is around 1400 each.

My other concern is that ocean two ( which at the moment is my favourite) the beach there and water isn't as good as the west coast, also that mango bay even tho on the west coast doesn't seem to have a lot of beach!

So you see my dilemma!

Thank you in advance to anyone that can offer some answers or to offer any other hotel options that I haven't though of!

Cheers ears!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Have a look at Turtle beach hotel, that is AI..or Casuarina hotel.

Edited: 19 February 2012, 11:43
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

The day pass 1s 350bds 1f you want to 1nclude a la carte d1nner.

Toronto / Barbados
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

If you ride a motorcycle, why not come join us for a ride around the island. Caribbean Motorcycle Tours tour around the island everyday. Don't forget to visit the east coast beaches like Bathsheba. Enjoy

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Louisianami - I'm sorry, I can't help with your confusion as this will be our first trip, so we've no experience yet, but I hope you find the right hotel that suits your needs and have a great time.

BajanRob - Oh yes, I'd love to join you on a motorcycle trip! Sadly, I personally can't, but its possible that Mr Batty would like to - I'll ask him when he gets home. I may be unable to motorcycle, but I do have my gorgeous new, red and shiny, chariot to ride! (My chariot being my fab new wheelchair - so looking forward to having my own, rather than having to rent/borrow). Bathsheba is definitely on our "to do list" as well - I've seen some fantastic photos of the rock formations so I need to see them for myself.

Thanks everyone :o)

wales
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Hi SusieQ

As we are staying at mango's sister Hotel we have a free visit, looking forward to see management and staff again....

The Batties

Also I can recommend the coconut icecream sundaes, and the Rum Punch.

and the Catamaran Cruise and swim with Turtles .

And dont miss the Street Dancing on a Sunday night.

Jan

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
376 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Oh jandancer! Now you've made me lust for a coconut icecream sundae followed by a rum punch! :o) Yes, we'll certainly swim with the turtles and I'd love to experience the street dancing on Sunday night (fortunately, I can swim and I can walk short distances) - can you tell me where the street dancing happens? Is it in Holetown?

TIA

Our excitement is mounting each day, and now we have only TWO and a bit weeks to go!

Our Globetrotter guide book arrived this morning, so must get stuck into it, although of course we've already done so much research online. It will be handy to take with us. The map with this guide book is pretty good and we'll need one as we do want to hire a car and do some driving around by ourselves.

Soooo looking forward to this, you can't imagine. Actually yes, you probably can all imagine!

wales
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Hi the Batties

The street party is right outside the hotel, great for meeting the local characters and Dancing.

We are coming out on the 23rd march, and hope to visit Mango for a day, so if you are still there that week i will look out for you.

also , you could probably spend a day at Mango's sister hotel 'The Island Inn' I didn't know you could do this when I was there in October.

Happy Packing

Jan

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,420 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

Hello the Batties ! I live next door to Mango Bay and can tell you that the weather is gloriously hot, but the odd downpour makes bringing an umbrella a smart ,move. The beach is great and the water -------though too cold for me seems to be great for visitors.

You will have just the BEST time ! see you soon .

20. Re: Only four and a bit weeks to go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 10:29