We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
305 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

We stayed in Christ Church last Feb for our 1st trip to Barbados and like we were told...we loved Barbados! So planning another trip and cant get same apt so looking elsewhere. Thinking of The Gap for the fun and food...but pondering Holetown as well. We are middle-aged but like to have fun (not crazy fun though) and husband is a diver. Is Holetown boring?????

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Jalama

Holetown isn't boring by any stretch, but is more expensive than the Sourth Coast.

In Holetown, I'd suggest looking at Sunswept Beach Hotel which is in a prime location. In St. Lawrence Gap I'd suggest Rostrevor, Southern Palms or Oceans Two.

Regards

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
305 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Thank you SO much for taking the time respond. I think you gave me advise prior to our 1st trip and you were right on target! I will check into you suggestions.

Any more advice is WELCOME!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Jalama

Thank you for your kind words and happy planning. Will add any advice I think you may need.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,031 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

When were you wanting to travel Jamala ? I suggest you look at Palm Beach Condos which are now apparently cheaper than Sunswept, but a class above .

http://www.relaxingretreats.co.uk/accom.htm

Holetown is a great place to stay, and Palm Beach is right on the beach, but steps from the restaurants and shops.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Holetown is wonderful!

You will find a large choice of restaurants, the best shopping on the island and nightlife is based in 1st and 2nd Street's.

Lexie's Piano Bar is always lively, Priva nightclub, The Mews Bar, The Lime Bar at Lime Grove and there is a new bar called the Tiki Hut opening soon. So plenty of fun and lots of good choice's for eating out.

I would also second Palm Beach Condos in Holetown.

There are also many other apartments for rent on holiday-rentals.co.uk

Shades apartments in Paynes Bay are also very nice and just a very short walk to the beach.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
305 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

Traveling in Feb 2013 dates are flexible but want mid-week to mid-week and 8 nights.

Thank you so much for your help! It is good to be assured that we will be able to eat well, visit with people we meet, and that the area has things to do!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,031 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

I have a feeling that Palm Beach ( and Sunswept ) will already be booked for most, if not all February, but it doesn't hurt to try your luck Unfortunately February is the most popular time to stay in Barbados next to Christmas , so I suggest you don't leave it any longer. I hope you find somewhere suitable for you .

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
305 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

I will do my best to book something tonight after work...thanks for the heads up on that! I cannot wait to return to Barbados, of all our island vacations this is the 1st time returning to the same island again!!!!

We love Barbados !

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

It is believed that well over 90 % of first time visitors do return to the Island Jalama.

10. Re: Holetown or St Lawrence Gap ??? Where to stay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Holetown