We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new in Holetown

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
new in Holetown

JUst about to stay in Holetown - first visit in 12 months.

Anything new by way of food & drink?

Priva (night club?) Tkii Hut (is it open?), Lime Bar? Any of these worth a visit & anything else - anything "local" or on the beach?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,420 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new in Holetown

Hi garyf Nothing much has changed in Holetown in the last 12 months ( or on the beach ) Priva is still open and is still refurbishing Oasis bar to make it a "Sports Bar" ----------meanwhile, Surfside still reigns supreme as the local Sports Bar and being on the beach, will, I suspect continue to do so.

Yet another new restaurant has just opened at the bottom of 1st Street called Jumas --------------at the moment only at lunchtime until it is granted a drinks licence then it will open at night as well ( Hopefully in the next couple of weeks ) They are serving simple local type food plus burgers etc and a huge choice of Ice Cream I have just tried one of their home made Fish Cakes and WOW!!! is all I can say. I wish them good luck .

The bar at Lime Grove grows in popularity and on a Friday evening is THE place to go.

Anything else? Just ask .

Edited: 14 August 2012, 17:57
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new in Holetown

This is an update by PRIVA posted today on their FB page :

Ladies and gentlemen of PRIVA, we have just 3 weekends left before we close for the month of September for refurbishment. Perrier Jouet Champagne are building our BRAND NEW Champagne lounge on the 1st floor and some updates will be made to the main club in time for our October '12 - April '13 season. Don't miss out on some BIG parties from now until end of August, starting this Thursday from 10pm... We also announce our Xmas and Old Years Night party schedule later this week!

Edited: 14 August 2012, 20:15
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new in Holetown

Did you just say champagne lounge, Babiface?!

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new in Holetown

Many thanks for the tips - can't wait!

We didn't go to Priva last year - is it a night club or a bar (or a bit of both?). Their website seems to make out its a bit up market?

On the food front, is Carizma open nights now? I recall they did a tapas night but it was only once a week.

Is the new Juju's place walking distance of say 1st St? And worth the walk?

And - finally (maybe!) - Relish Epicuria - is this the delii in Limegrove? It was open last year but didn't seem to be doing meals. Is it open evenings or just for breakfast/lunch? And eat in?

south east
Level Contributor
919 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new in Holetown

Westiegal - Jumas sounds interesting - is it where Blue Rare used to be?

Barbados
Level Contributor
38 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new in Holetown

you should try Lemongrass in Limegrove - real good food at a reasonable price. In Speightstown there is The Orange Street Grocer which is on the board walk and does excellent thin crust pizzas, baguettes and salads all freshly made to order - they also have beach chairs and umbrellas. There is also Ramshackle on the same beach as JuJu - good food and the turtles are close to shore - they rent beach chairs, umbrellas and snorkel gear.

Have a great holiday!

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new in Holetown

many thanks all!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,420 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new in Holetown

Sunshinegirl, yes Juma's is where Blue Rare was. It's nicely done inside, but I think they are struggling due to lack of advertising---------------and the drinks licence of course.

south east
Level Contributor
919 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new in Holetown

thanks Westiegal - I will try next time I'm there - hope it is still operating!

Newbury
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new in Holetown

Iam going to mango bay in holetown in december and i am a little bit with some reviews

saying about the noise from the street at night ? And any surgustions where i can take my wife for a nice meal for a special night.