We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

We are coming to Barbados for the first time January 16th-23rd and I have just learned that Monday, January 21st is a national holiday in Barbados, Errol Barrow Day. Would any be able to provide information/website on special events/celebrations that are going on on the island and in your opinion which would be the best to experience. We are staying in Holetown..but are interested in events anywhere on the island. I understand that banks and stores will be closed but will restaurants be open on this day? Thanks for any info...looking forward to attending some festivities on this day.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,853 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

Sparkykittycat

I haven't had official confirmation of any significant events as yet but when I do I'll be sure to update this thread.

Restaurants will indeed be open on that day.

Also note, by January 21st the political climate on the island will be at a high as the island will be going through a political campaign gearing up for General Elections which are widely expected late January or during February.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

Okay thanks BGI....if nothing too earthshatteringly exciting materializes for this national holiday another day at the beach will work for us too!!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,853 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

Sparkykittycat

You're welcome.

Regards

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

We are currently in Holetown and I did hear on the beach today that Surfside will have a live band there tomorrow. Not sure if you will pick this up on time.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

We didn't come across anything special for E.B. day but we were walking around and ended up discovering a fun place call Mojo's on that day...we had moved to the Gap half way through our holidays and Mojo's was very close to the Gap. Great burgers there...that was our little Errol Barrow Day celebration.

6. Re: Special Events for Errol Barrow Day 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 06:18