We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

salford
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

My husband and I will be staying near Holetown for Xmas and New Year

Could anybody recommend where to celebrate New Years Eve? We are 40+, but still like a bit of nightlife! (Maybe even a dinner/dance theme)

We may need to book in advance so would appreciate any pointers on this...

Thanks

salford
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: New Years Eve

Hi

My husband and I had our Christmas Day lunch at Zaccios, I was just their regular menu (we didn't book, it was lively but not too busy)

With regards to New Years Eve, we booked our meal at the Indian restaurant on 1st St, or maybe it was 2nd St - they are side by side. The price was quite reasonable compared to some of the ridiculous prices being asked for (some were several hundred pounds each for one night!)

Oh, and as someone else previously mentioned, the Supercentre was horrendously busy on Christmas Eve - it was chaos. It was also our 1st time self catering in Barbados, and it was not a great start to our holiday being in a supermarket for ages on Christmas Eve....

salford
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: New Years Eve

It was Sitar Indian restaurant - on 2nd Street

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New Years Eve

FYI

Yes, I most certainly did warn everyone about going to the SuperCentre on Christmas Eve - a complete nightmare - never, never do it! - If for some reason one is arriving on Christmas eve (afternoon) - ask a friend -neighbour, apt. manager - anyone to get in a list of groceries for you a head of time (day before at least) and them pay them to reimburse them on arrival - but Never go grocery shopping as a visitor on Christmas Eve - (Bajans having been paid - flock to the supermarket for groceries for the holiday that evening after work....... they certainly don';t need extra shoppers (visitors) crowding the already crowded aisles! )

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: New Years Eve

The hotels in the area all have dinner dances that night - New Year's Eve called "old Year's Night" - and the cost will be in the hundreds of $$$ (US -not Bajan) - per person.... hotels have to pay their staff/ the band/etc double or triple time......costs are "high" - so...suggestion - have dinner somewhere - then pick up some cold champagne you have stored in your fridge.....put in a "cold bag" and take it to the beach (along with a couple of plastic glasses - which you could buy prior to leaving your country and pack in suitcase) -and join the hundreds of folks who will be on the beach just prior to midnight awaiting the huge firework display that is put on by the big west coast hotels - for about 15 -30 mins the sky is alight with fireworks - from Sandy Lane in the south - to CRC and Royal Westmoreland etc. in the north -and everyone drinks champers -" kisses" strangers wishing them Happy New Year - and when the jollity dies down on the beach - they all head for 1st street where a street party is in full swing and goes on until the wee hours of the morning.... sometimes 5am!!!! - (It is a night when after the fireworks we block our windows against the noise from "everywhere and everyone" and like good little grannies and grandpas - go to bed!) - Enjoy - wonderful night for all to enjoy a great party - and it doesn';t have to cost a small fortune!

Edited: 22 June 2014, 21:09
Dorking
Level Contributor
6 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: New Years Eve

Thank you so much for you're help, you've given us lots of very helpful info. I know Christmas is still a long way off but at least now I can start getting things sorted and then not worry about it . Thanks once again

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: New Years Eve

NB-Sandy Lane restaurants are normally only for the use of Sandy Lane guests between Christmas and early January.

27. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16