We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical sunset beach apartments

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical sunset beach apartments

Has anyone stayed at this accommodation since the advertised refurb. There appears to be no recent comments on TA

just booked for January , bit concerned!

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

there are 3 posts on this same topic thread November 6th -

it is open, but, Westie said she hadn't had time to go in and check it out -

we are due down (DV) this week, and once we are organized and I'm back walking in the morning - I will get around to checking it out

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,867 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

As I said in another post, I am told that it has been done very nicely but I couldn't go in to look ------------ I was told there were no rooms available to look at.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 12:13
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Hi there

I posted the other thread - I was wondering whether it what reopened after the refurb. Like you, I noticed that there were no reviews after the refurb.

Westiegirl - what a shame they wouldn't let you have a look around.

Anothersadowner - would be really interested to see what you think of the place now.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 15:37
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

cal21 -we don't promise immediate results - (takes us time to get settled and unpacked!) and if they are booked solid as Westigal says - then I will not be able to get into a room either - however since I have been chatting to regular guests who stay there for many years - chances are there will be some of them there I know - and I will ask about the new upgrades and refurb and let you know

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Thank you!

lots of time - I don't get there until January :)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Had reply from hotel today, regarding tv in rooms etc, Would appreciate some good local reviews,

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Hi there

I was wondering about the TV's. There are some photos on FB and I couldn't see one. I don't really watch TV on holiday but my OH likes to have one. Be interested in any info you have.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Have just chatted to two regular guests staying at Tropical Sunset (used to be Sunswept) - their verbal reports as follows:

Inside has had a coat of paint but this is a long job and Hannah (we understand) has found that there is a great deal more to do and it will cost a great deal more than she expected (as previous lessee only took money out and never spent a cent on the place) so this is a work in progress - Garden and swimming pool and the front of the property from the beach is greatly improved - there are plans to build a BB Q in the garden - there is now a proper watersports shack adjacent . with canoes etc and they rent sun beds - and a boadwalk now goes from the front of Zaccios across the front oT tropical Sunset - but as is true of other places that needs major refurb. if one accepts its limitations and rejoices in the location which is still fab. the regular guests seem OK with it.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

Don't think there are new TVs yet - but they are planned if not as yet installed? - will try to recheck tomorrow

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,867 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropical sunset beach apartments

can't see why they are mentioning Trinnys watersport hut -----------------it's been there 2 years or more, so that's hardly an improvement ????? I do hope they have put in new kitchen equipment. Friends of mine have been bringing their own tin opener for years lol