We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Whitby
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Hi

I see you are quite the contributor on this forum. My husband and I enjoy a good night of music, people watching, mixing with locals and having a few drinks. I understand there is some sort of entertainment in Holetown?? Which night would be the best to go? Can I assume it is not a far walk from the Paynes Bay area??

Thank you so much for your informative anwers!!

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
13,861 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

too far to walk from Paynes Bay - hop on the bus

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Hello HarleyWoman Rider . Well to start with It would be too far for you to comfortably walk from Paynes Bay to Holetown , but it is easy to reach by bus or by taxi. A bus costs $2 BDS only and if you want to get a taxi home it shouldn't cost much more than $ 20-to $ 25 I would imagine .

Holetown has many different restaurants open most nights, but the time to come for good nightlife is Friday to Sunday, although I would highly recommend you have a trip up to Surfside for Happy Hour 4,30 to 5.30 on any evening. That is where locals and visitors come together to drink and watch the sun go down.

On Friday, The Lime bar in Limegrove is a very popular place for locals and visitors to meet from early evening, followed by, perhaps a meal on 1st or 2nd Street and then stay on 2nd Street for live music at Uber Bar , and often, the Mews. 2nd Street on a Friday night is THE place to be for Bajan " Bright young things " from all over the Island, who then go on to party at Priva Night Club ( Rihanna's favourite haunt ) until the wee small hours. There is also the Tiki Bar on 1st Street if you find 2nd street too busy .

Saturday , but you will find entertainment at Uber, the Tiki Bar on 1st Street and of course Priva , but the best and most famous night is Sunday on 1st Street.

First, you can book an early dinner at Surfside and watch and dance to the Steel Band until around 10 pm when you can then walk up the road to the most famous street party and Karaoke on the Island and dance and join in the fun until around one in the morning,

If however,you only have one Sunday in Barbados, you may choose to miss the Steel Band and see one of the most famous shows on the Island at Ragamuffins Restaurant on 1st Street, book a table well before the day you want to go ( at least 2 weeks in High Season ) around 7.30 to 8, to eat before the Mannequins in Motion start their act, They are truly a "must see " . but as I say, it is hard to get in, so booking is a must. They finish around 11pm so then you can just go outside and join the party.

I hope that helps you a bit and you enjoy your holiday and Holetown.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 20:23
Whitby
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Perfect!! Looks like Sunday will be a date night!! Booked at The Beach House for 7:30 pm dinner and then off to the street to enjoy the balance of the evening.

Bussing it there and cabbing it back!!

Thank you soooo much

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Don't go to the Street Party before 10 pm Harley, it doesn't really get busy before that, Call at Surfside first if you finish your meal early, it's on the way from the Beach House anyway, . Have fun.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 20:43
Whitby
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

Yeah I figured that, just like home, nothing starts before 10!! I would assume I would take the #27 bus from the hotel to Holetown??

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

That I wouldn't know I'm afraid ,I never look at the number if I catch a bus. Any bus that says Speightstown will be fine . If BGI sees this, he knows all the numbers,

7. Re: Question for Westiegal3 regarding Holetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22