We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coveta Fuma

England
Level Contributor
238 posts
108 reviews
Coveta Fuma

Hi, I am thinking about booking a rental in the above and dont really want to hire a car. I have been looking at how to get there and it appears it will cost quite a lot. Can anyone recommend any sites that do cheap transfers? thanks

18 replies to this topic
norfolk
Level Contributor
900 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Coveta Fuma

You will not need a car when you are in Coveta Fuma as there is a tram stop there which gives you good access to the area, if you look at the posting on 7/1/11 by beni26 titled Last day in Alicante it gives good details on using the tram to Alicante and then the airport bus to the Airport, this is the cheapest option and seems quite easy, I have never done it as I normally book transfers, the one we have used before let us down last year so would not recommend them, we have booked Prestige tours for our trip in July to Campello, so hope they will be okay, these transfers are not as cheap as using public transport but it comes down to what you want to pay and how easy you want things to be, although our experience last year was far from easy and indeed very stressful, plus as I paid in advance worked out quite expensive, but some you win etc.

Jean.

2. Re: Coveta Fuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 13:56

campello, alicante
5 posts
3. Re: Coveta Fuma

Airport transfer, email eddie on : zzed21@hotmail.com, he does airport transfers and only charged 55 euros return journey up to 4 people..Very reliable and not overcharged

campello, alicante
5 posts
4. Re: Coveta Fuma

Airport transfer, email eddie on : zzed21@hotmail.com, he does airport transfers and only charged 55 euros return journey up to 4 people..Very reliable and not overcharged

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Coveta Fuma

A word of warning for anyone going to Coveta Fuma in the near future. There is currently (June 2011) a lot of building work in the village. 2 apartment blocks are under construction - one is fairly near completion but the other is nowhere near and will be the source of quite a bit of noise for at least this summer. Unfortunately we only found out this info on arrival at our apartment (3 June) as the owner failed to mention this even though we spoke to him on the phone prior to booking.

Its a shame because this is a lovely village with excellent transport links and a number of really good restautants. It doesnt have a proper beach but 3 stops down on the train and El Campello has a beautiful beach, fantastic promenade and great cafes and restaurants.

Stockton on tees
Level Contributor
17 posts
121 reviews
6. Re: Coveta Fuma

Thats a bit of disappointing news, it will be our fourth year in a row in Coveta and we love the place, I know they were building last year but didnt experience much noise. Where is the building work taking place? We arrive on the 26th July for 2 weeks. Has the bar in the square which used to be The Oasis Bar been taken over yet/ or is their any other new bars/restaurants there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Coveta Fuma

Hi

There are 2 apartment blocks being built actually on the square. One is probably finished now but the other was only at the breeze block stage when we were there so will still be a way off completion Its about 8 floors high so it looks to the sea over the orange apartment block (sorry dont know what its called). There was quite a lot of cement being delivered. Work starts at 8am and the large crane is in dire need of some oil !!!

Re the bars-not sure which the Oasis was. We ate at La Plaza and the Dutch bar next door at the end. We also ate at The Chinese and the tapas round the corner- all were very good. A new bar/restaurant was due to open shortly after we left in what used to be the tapas bar (tapas is now round the corner next to the Chinese)

If you want any more info just let me know

Stockton on tees
Level Contributor
17 posts
121 reviews
8. Re: Coveta Fuma

Thank you for the info, it was very useful. The oasis bar used to be next door to la plaza restaurant so I presume it must have changed into something else now, I noticed from an advert in the local magazine that the El Farol restaurant is now a restaurant and music bar, maybe they have extended into next door as last year it certainly wasnt bit enough to be a music bar as well as a restaurant. . Shame about the building work but I am sure i will manage, anything to get away from work for a couple of weeks!! I am glad the Dutch bar is still open next to the plaza as I know last year he was talking of selling up, I will make it my teatime haunt when I nip to the shop (or at least tell the wife thats where I am going.) Thanks again for the info.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Coveta Fuma

WE were @ least 3 miles away in a lovely Villa from Coveta Fuma ...problem was on "Holiday lettings - Homeaway " they said 500 meters to the supermarket / eateries ....it took 35 mins to walk & it was 5000 meters therefore had to use a taxi for the return journey re the Supermarket & taxi both ways for the bars etc. Facts r what we need TRUE facts I have asked the Co., to post this on their site but SO far no joy / contact @ all...................................!!!

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: Coveta Fuma

ooo no, not good pinkies.

Reply to: Coveta Fuma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Campello
Recent Conversations