We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus and tram tickets

Derby, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
bus and tram tickets

We are travelling to Coveta Fuma by airport bus and tram from Alicante at the end of October and are a bit confused about the ticketing system

1. do we buy tickets on the airport bus (which departs from Level 2 we understand) or from the airport, and can we purchase return tickets for travel back a week later?

2. I think we will need to travel through 2 fare zones on the tram/train, making one change from Puerta del Mar (at Sangueta) to get to Coveta Fuma, again can we buy a return ticket for travel back one week later and can we get these on the train/tram?

3. I note there is a 10 trip Bono ticket which could be useful for the two of us if we want to make return journeys later in the week in just one zone, for example to El Campello, and Villajoyosa on different days, from Coveta Fuma. Can this be purchased on the train, or do we have to get it from Puerta del Mar at the beginning of our holiday? Can we share just one 10 trip ticket between the 2 of us, i.e. using 8 tickets presumably for these 2 journeys between us? We assume if we went further, say to Benidorm for the day, we would just purchase a separate return ticket each, as going that much farther would involve different travel zones and different fares?

Many thanks for any advice as these points don't appear to be mentioned in detail on the websites.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Campello
Campello
Costa Blanca, Spain
Villajoyosa
Villajoyosa
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
norfolk
Level Contributor
889 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus and tram tickets

I have never used the airport bus so sorry cannot help with that one but will try and help with tram info.

I think you can get off the airport bus at the tram stops either for Luceros,( which is the first/last stop on the tram) or Mercado, this is better than staying on til the Puerta del mar as if you get the tram here you will have to change, either at La Isleta or Lucentum (not Sangueta).

The main Thing is that you need to get on line 3 and not line 1, they both go from Alicante to Benidorm but line 1 only stops a few times and line 3 stops at all of the stations including Coveta Fuma.

We normally just get the tickets for each journey we make, we stay at Campello and you can get a return ticket to Benidorm but are only able to buy a single when going to Alicante have no idea why this is, you can either get the tickets at the station or buy them on the tram, it is all priced in zones, not sure about Coveta Fuma, but Alicante to Campello is in the same zone and I think is 1.25 euro for a single.

This year there were 6 adults and 2 children (+2 babies which were free) and we did get the multi tickets which covered us all.

We did Benidorm, Alicante and Villa Joyosa and had to get different tickets each time as the previous ones couldn't be used on that particular trip, still not sure how that all really worked but ended up with 3 tickets with ? trips left on them, although it still worked out cheaper buying them that way.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer, f you want any further info will be happy to help,

Regards,

jean.

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Campello
Campello
Costa Blanca, Spain
derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus and tram tickets

A few extra points.

A year or two ago, TAM increased the frequency of the airport bus, and also walloped up the fares. The website, which isn't user-friendly, says that they don't do returns, and sell single tickets for 2.70 on the bus. See subus.es/Lineas/Informacion/FolletoWebAeropu… Note that they have changed the route this week!

In contrast, the tram charges the same fare as the bus in the TAM area (tram zone 1), which includes El Campello.

The zone map at www.tramalicante.es/descargas/pdf/p_zonal.pdf puts Coveta Fuma in zone 2. Elsewhere on the website it says returns are only valid for the same day.

I don't know, but I would guess that Bono tickets would be issued between stops, ie Coveta Fuma - El Campello, or Coveta Fuma - Benidorm rather than for a number of zones - they are meant for commuters.

Mentioned in this post
Campello
Campello
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
3. Re: bus and tram tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 09:22
Get answers to your questions about Campello
Recent Conversations
More Campello Topics