We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
290 reviews
Save Topic
First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

Hi, just booked a week in early January at Pueblo Acantilado. Accommodation gets great reviews and I gather it's quite remote. Any ideas what it's like in January and any suggestions as to where would make a good restaurant for a birthday celebration? Really looking forward to what will no doubt be a relaxing break, and any tips on where to go (and how to get there!) would be really appreciated. Immediate concern is how to get to and from Alicante airport, have been quoted mega bucks for a transfer and toying with the idea of hiring a car for the week as it seems to be cheaper than an airport transfer. Sounds crazy, but is that other people's experience? Any feedback will be most welcome. By the way, we are two early 50's stressed out professionals, just on case that may factor into anyone's suggestions of things to do or places to go!

Thanks in advance, Colin.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

Hi, I stayed there recently. I hired a car at the airport as transfers are expensive. Car hire deals are cheap but beware a hire where you hire it with a full tank and return it empty, you may not travel enough to make it worthwhile so a more expensive hire might be a better deal. Pueblo Acantilado is lovely, there are a couple restaurants on site, but they aren't overly special so you might want to travel. There isn't much around Pueblo Acantilado and it is awkward to leave without a car so if I were you I would definitely hire one. I would really recommend Acantilado, it's lovely there, if you haven't already, consider upgrading to a room with a sea view, it's spectacular and you could have a lovely meal on the balcony as we did - get your groceries from the supermarket in El Campello rather than the onsite shop which doesn' t have much choice.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. Seems like a decent place even if it's a bit remote. Don't relish the thought of driving in Spain but maybe I should bite the bullet! Would you have any suggestions for nice meals out?

Many thanks, Colin.

norfolk
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

Hi Ledothoil,

Is there any tram link to Pueblo Ancantilado?

Queries regarding transfers come up on here quite often and while I know the tram route quite well I don't know the complex so haven't been able to help.

Jean.

4. Re: First timer to Pueblo Acantilado, any help appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2016, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Campello
Recent Conversations