We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking hotels last minute?

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking hotels last minute?

Hi we are thinking of visiting Elafonissos in July.

Thought we could just book a room once we arrive, we are 2 adults , 2kids. Done this before when traveling in Greece but I know the island is small. Do you think we will have any problems finding a hotel or studio. From what I have read the main place to stay is the port area, is that correct? Want to be able to walk around at night?

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking hotels last minute?

You should be OK but it would be a good idea to catch the earliest ferry that you can get. Room owners don't meet the ferries as they are so frequent that they'd spend all day hanging around the port. Assuming you have a car, head right after leaving the port past the shops and restaurants and there is a lot of accommodation on the seafront after the road has swung round to the left. There's plenty more accommodation on the way to Panagia Beach after you leave the village.

Worst case scenario would be to return to the mainland as you'll pass a lot of accommodation as you drive down to the port.

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking hotels last minute?

Thanks Would it be a better to chose a hotel in town so we can walk around at night? Any idea where I can find out the ferry schedule ? Curious to know what time the first and last ferry leave.

toronto
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking hotels last minute?

Thanks Would it be a better to chose a hotel in town so we can walk around at night? Any idea where I can find out the ferry schedule ? Curious to know what time the first and last ferry leave.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 22:13
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking hotels last minute?

You can walk round the town in ten minutes.

Ferries start early around 7am and continue until late evening depending on time of year. They hand out timetables with your tickets.

5. Re: Booking hotels last minute?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Elafonisos
More Elafonisos Topics