We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

Which hotel do you recommend? Fonda Vela had some bad reviews, but there are a lot of people who liked it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

Both hotels are very nice. Both have a pool. Fonda Vela is a little more expensive and bigger. You would enjoy either one.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

We stayed at Fonda Vela and liked it. We liked that it's one of the closest hotels to the Reserve; they had a nice garden area where we saw toucans, had a good restaurant on site, and our room was huge with a small frig and a bathtub, both of which seemed like luxuries in Monteverde where it's pretty rustic. We stayed in one of the newer junior suites, and I'd recommend that room setup if you stay there. They helped us set up all our tours. I liked that they had a fireplace in the dining area because it was cold and rainy weather when we were there. They were building a new pool when we visited, but we didn't get to try it. Overall it's kind of rustic, but we liked it. They said they had internet access, but it was down when we were there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

I forgot that if you choose Fonda Vela go with their Jr Suites, their std rooms are not so nice.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

Fonda Vela is closer to the Park...nice place...many years serving people like you...

Poc o a Poco is nice I drive a lot of people there all the time...most people really like it...some complaints about that is to close to main road...and some times during dry days it can be dusty,,,but great for a couple days!

roadadvisor

5. Re: which hotel - Poco o Poco or Fonda Vela?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:17