We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monteverde - How many nights ?

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Monteverde - How many nights ?

Hi All

I hope you can help. We are a family of two adults and three children (aged 13, 10 and 6 years ) who are hoping to visit this area as part of our holiday to Costa Rica. We are wondering if there are enough places to visit / things to do to justify a three night stay or will two nights be sufficient.

The rest of our trip will be spent as follows;

Arenal - 4 nights

Tamarindo - 4 nights

Playa Samara - 4 nights

So far, We are planning to spend a day at Selvatura Park – visiting the Hanging Bridges, Hummingbird Gardens and Butterfly Gardens.

Any advice much appreciated.

regards

Jas Gill

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monteverde - How many nights ?

Hope you get an answer also want to know how much time to spend in Monteverde.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monteverde - How many nights ?

I would say 2 nights minimum, 3-4 nights optimal

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monteverde - How many nights ?

I think two nights is plenty, especially since you can do your zip lines and adventure in Arenal. Your kids would also love the Bat Jungle.

Of course it depends are your travel times, if you don't get there until dark and you leave early AM, that only gives you one day to do everything on your list.

4. Re: Monteverde - How many nights ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:26