We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

Canton, MI
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

I just read an article about Rancho de Lelo where you can catch & fry your own tilapia.

http://mucostarica.wordpress.com/tag/san-luis

Does anyone know any details (i.e. address/location, hours, days, duration, cost, etc.)?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,500 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

I am not familiar with that particular place but Costa Rica is full of ponds where you can catch and fry tilapia. If you have an itinerary in mind, maybe more precise info can be given. Or just ask around when you will be in Costa Rica.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

I live in a small rural town here in Costa Rica and there is a restaurant in my little town that does that. So yes, xelas is right, they are everywhere, really. No need to go out of your way at all -- just ask around at wherever you end up.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 00:14
Canada
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

Or better yet find a trout (trucha) farm which are also common, but trout thrive in fresh cold water rather than stagnant ponds and IMHO taste much better as a result.

Canton, MI
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

We're spending 1 day in Playa Hermosa, then 2 days in Monteverde, then 3 days in Arenal,then 2 days near Alajuela, so hopefully we have time to fish for our meal nearby.

5. Re: Details about pond to plate @ Rancho de Lelo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 07:16