We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Marmaris

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Marmaris

Hi

Can anyone give a definitive answer whether there are regular buses fom Marmaris to Akyaka? I did a day trip from Icmeler last year and am staying there again this year but would like to make my own way there as I may spend a night there.

Is there a direct bus or do you have to get the Mugla bus and walk down - I've checked the Akyaka forums but without success.

Thanks

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Marmaris

There must be the occasional dolmus that goes to Akyaka. Whether it starts from Marmaris or you have to pick it up at the Akyaka junction, I don't know. Maybe ask your hotel there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Marmaris

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping someone would actually know the answer - I'm staying in Icmeler and people I spoke to last year didn't know

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Marmaris

I believe there is a bus from the Otogar in Marmaris,we went by jeep last year with ICR and had a lovely day,may go again in June.

Akyaka, Turkey
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Marmaris

Hi there ,

at june starts a bus connection twice from akyaka to Marmaris . Departure times and places.

10.am -Akyaka 16.00 Marmaris and 18.00 akyaka 23.00 Marmaris

İf you come before june pick up a Muğla Or Bodrum or İzmir bus .. jump out at junction akyaka and walk down ..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Marmaris

That's great caria-pan - thanks for your help :)

West Midlands
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Marmaris

Hi, I go to Akyaka regularly but it is always a pain to get to and so easy to get back, I do not understand why there is not a more frequent Dolmus to this lovely place. To get back to you just get the 6pm dolmus back to Marmaris from the little bus station at the bottom of the hill, but to get there the Dolmus only leaves Marmaris at 4pm and not earlier, so if you are only going for the day, you cant use it and have to get the Mugla bus and walk down and it is quite a walk if you have children plus bags etc... all the other villages which are same or further distance away from Marmaris have a Dolmus going every 1 or 2 hours from early morning so have no idea why it is different with Akyaka....Anyone know why they are missing out on this business opportunity.... maybe it could be a private business venture for someone :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Marmaris

How long does the trip to Marmaris take on the dolmus please?

8. Re: Bus from Marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Akyaka
Recent Conversations