We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it really very windy all day from May to October?

Berks, UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
is it really very windy all day from May to October?

We were thinking of going to Akyaka next year but have been a bit put off by reading that it is always very windy during the day. We like the weather relatively hot but like to sit in the shade most of the time. Would we be able to do so if it is windy or would that be too cool?

Silly question but I need to know so we can make a decision.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
519 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

Hi.

We have been to dalyan for the last two years which is only half an hour away. It does get windy from about lunchtime but to be honest, it's quite a welcome relief in the summer heat. Don't think I could stand the intense sun without the nice breeze.

Hope this helps a little.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

I've not been to Akyaka but when I lved in Bodrum it used to be calm most mornings and the wind would pick up in the afternoon. It was like that pretty much all the time. It was never cool though as the wind was warm. The wind was a blessing in the height of summer, without it the heat would be unbearable.

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

I go to Gundogan near Bodrum which also has a reputation as windy making it very popular for water sports. The breeze comes and goes during the day but is warm rather than a cool wind like at home and fab on a hot day. It can get very hot in Turkey so a bit of wind is most welcome and makes the hot temperature bearable. Sitting in the shade will not be cold.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 09:58
Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
142 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

We went to Akyaka in July 2013. I can honestly say that we did not notice it being overly windy. Perhaps because we were around the pool most afternoons. However, it was very hot so perhaps the wind was welcome. We ventured out most mornings and every evening and it was not windy then. It is a very popular destination for windsurfers however so it must appear on the bay where they surf. This is not the same bay that the beach and main village is on so it may be more sheltered. Akyaka is fantastic. I would absolutely recommend it as a holiday destination. English is spoken in all of the restaurants (although maybe by only one waiter) and shops and everyone you meet is very friendly. It has a much more cosmopolitan mix of visitors with lots of Turkish tourists. Absolutely NOT little Britain in any way.

Berks, UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

Thank you for your comments. it sounds a lovely place.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
678 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

They do wind surfing here if I remember rightly however I dont remember the wind so it cant have been that bad. You do find a wind often all over Greece and Turkey during the summer months.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
7. Re: is it really very windy all day from May to October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Akyaka
Recent Conversations