We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Added to is it always windy

Gosport, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Added to is it always windy

I also have concerns about the wind. We went to Turunc last year and had a lovely holiday, the Taxi driver on the way back to the airport said that Gokova is lovely. I don't mind a welcome breeze however, I don't want to be wind blasted. Akyaka/Gokova really looks like our kind of place although we aren't kite surfers, this is also a concern. Does the kite surfing impact on swimming in the sea?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Added to is it always windy

The kite surfers use a different beach, just around the bay from the main Akyaka beach so no, it doesn't impact on swimming in the sea. The sea is very shallow for quite a distance from shore however so you will have to wade out quite a way. Akyaka is a fantastic place. We never noticed it being overly windy and believe me, I travel with hair straighteners, I would have noticed. In fact, the previous year we visited Turunc and I would say that the evening breeze there was stronger. Very welcome in the heat but definitely strong in August.

Gosport, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Added to is it always windy

Thanks for this, how far do you have to wade out for a swim?

Clophill, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Added to is it always windy

Hi we are travelling to Akayaka next week and the place we are staying does not have internet. I was wondering if any of the restaurants have wifi that we can use when eating out in the evenings? Thanks

manchester uk
Level Contributor
517 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Added to is it always windy

Hi,

We don't like to use media while we are away but my teenage sone kept finding little hotspots for his iPod as we were walking around town so the answer must be yes!

Clophill, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Added to is it always windy

thank you so much leaving our boys and three dogs in UK so will be nice to check in every so often .

6. Re: Added to is it always windy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Akyaka
Recent Conversations