We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Where can I find the bus schedules for the different cities the buses go to from Pontorson? I would like to take the bus to Coutances but have no idea where to find this schedule.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Coutances
Coutances
Manche, France
16 replies to this topic
Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

It'll take nearly 4 hours;

http://www.mobi50.com/ri/index.asp?comDep=50410&pointDep=183%24Pontorson+Gare+SNCF%242%2450410&numDep=&comArr=50147&pointArr=141%24Coutances+Gare+SNCF%242%2450147&numArr=&laDate=12%2F08%2F2011&lHeure=14&laMinute=40&leMeridien=&typeDate=68&critereRI=1&rub_code=4&laction=synthese

with 2 or 3 changes

Tasmania
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Bus schedules from Pontorson to Mont San Michel?

Are these dependent on the tides?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

The bus from Pontorson to Mont Saint Michele is timed to coincide with the train schedule. If you are arriving into Pontorson and staying on the Mont, the bus will take you almost to the entrance of the old city, from where it's a quick and easy walk into the village and all of the hotels are situated along the main walkway. When you leave the Mont, the Tourism Office on the Mont can provide a bus schedule that will get you to the train station with enough time to catch the train. It's approximately a 20 minute ride between the train station and the Mont and it costs 2 Euros per person, one way. The web address for the bus is www.mobi50.com although I've not checked it out so I don't know how informative it may be. The bus runs between 8:00 and 1:00 AM.

I saw no evidence of taxi service anywhere.

One cannot drive a private vehicle to the Mont. Parking is on the mainland and a shuttle to the Mont is available, evidently free of charge with paid parking (or if one is staying in a hotel on the mainland).

Edited: 23 May 2012, 18:24
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Hello, We will traveling from Pontorson by train in June. Our hotel is in Beauvoir. What is the best way to get from Pontorson train station to our hotel? Is there a bus or taxi service? The link www.mobi50.com does not work anymore. Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Mentioned in this post
Beauvoir
Beauvoir
Manche, France
Malta
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Hi JMB true that link does not work??

I shall be travelling from Bayeux to Pontorson in October. Then I wish to travel to Mont Saint Michel by bus.

Can someone give me some information re time and price of buses please? I'm 60+

I wish to visit the abbey and see as much as I can of Mont Saint Michel. How many hours should I spend there to do this please? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mont-Saint-Michel
Mont-Saint-Michel
Manche, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Here's the schedule, which is valid until July 6, 2013:

accueilmontsaintmichel.com/file/…20.pdf

Another useful link:

accueilmontsaintmichel.fr/site/…by-train

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

The schedule that frenchmystique posted is accurate and is posted at the train station in Pontorson (and each stop along the way). The bus is 3 euros each way. We found it easiest to catch the bus from the SNCF gare station in Pontorson and we got off at the last stop which is about 300 meters from the island entrance. Right now, the workers of the abbey are on strike, so you can come and go through out the abbey at no charge between 9am-5pm and there are no personal tours run by abbey staff. Hopefully this is cleared up before you visit in October. I believe the price was 11 euros for entrance otherwise. We spent about 6 hours wandering the abbey and the village of Mont St Michel and had a sit down breakfast and lunch during that time as well.

Buchs St. Gallen...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Hello everyone,

I would need advice on how to get to Courtils from Pontorson Railway station. We have booked accomodation in Courtils but cannot figure out how to get there, except for expensive taxi service.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Courtils
Courtils
Manche, France
San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Here's the latest schedule, valid through Dec. 2013. I was looking at the Keolis bus from Dol, but the "Navette" from Pontorson gives you a lot more flexibility for a smidge more total cost.

bienvenueaumontsaintmichel.com/file/fr/se-re…

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Schedules from Pontorson

Can anybody tell me how to get from Pontorson to Vergoncey by bus? We will be staying at Chateau de Bouceel and so far I was not able to find any information.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Vergoncey
Vergoncey
Manche, France
Reply to: Bus Schedules from Pontorson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted