We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastar jet

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eastar jet

Dear forumer.

I booked easterjet online but i don't get the booking confirmation.

But my credit card has been charged.

I tried to call the reservation hotline but it's in korean which i don't understand.

I email them twice but no reply at all.

Please advice what should i do.

Thanks.

51 replies to this topic
South Korea
Destination Expert
for South Korea
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Eastar jet

From my experience, they send you confirmation email and SMS automatically , so check your email inbox and spam box.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eastar jet

Hi Cheonan,

Thanks for your info.

I have checked my email both inbox & spam.

No email at all.

Maybe I will ask tourism board to help me after I get the invoice copy of eastar jet from my credit card company.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eastar jet

Have you checked your reservation by 'My Reservation' function on Eastar's website?

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eastar jet

Hi DeltaEagle,

I am not their member.

I don't have Reservation No from Eastar as well.

During the booking process, after I enter my credit card details, the website showed error message "no origin transaction"

I thought my booking not successful but when I checked with my Credit Card company, the transaction has been charged to Credit Card.

The customer service never reply my email too.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eastar jet

https://www.eastarjet.com/book/book.htm…

'My Reservation' - 'Search by E-mail' or 'Search by Passenger's Name' is not the page you need to be logged-in for access.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Eastar jet

Hi DeltaEagle,

I have tried this option as well.

I search by passenger name and email address but can't....

This option needs Reservation Number ...(which I don't have it)

Thanks for your advice.

Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eastar jet

You can inform credit card company not to pay. The credit card company can deal with them on your behalf.

I had a bill dispute where an additional charge was unreasonable. Then Citibank liaised with them on several times. The other company gave their stand and I gave my reason. Finally after several correspondences, it was waived. It was delayed for months. We told Ciitibank not to charge us the interest until the matter is resolved. And they did.

Most important, do not pay the credit card company who can ask them to provide evidence.

Hope this helps.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Eastar jet

Thanks shopl,

Yes, i will do that.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eastar jet

Hmm... halting the transaction through credit card company is indeed one of the ways.

But then the question of whether you plan to make an identical or similar trip on whatever route you had originally planned still remains.

I can relay your inquiry to Eastar Jet in Korean to which they might respond more promptly and ask if your reservation record exists in their database, but then it also means you'll end up disclosing your tracking info that you have typed in during reservation to a third party, which would be me in this case.

Since it is very likely that anyone might feel uncomfortable doing so, I'm not going to urge you to follow my suggestion. Regardless, my offer of a favor remains open, so give it a little thought.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Eastar jet

hi delta,

i have asked my japanese speaking friend to contact eastar. my reservation is not in their data base indeed. he also managed to get contact no of eastar english speaking staff as well.

thanks for your kind offer too.

Reply to: Eastar jet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeju Island