“the way flights should operate”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this is the way flights should be. nice attentive attendants, pleasant, helpful. Nice newer 787. gluten free meal recognized & available on entry. movies leave some to be desired. but all in all a very good flight & experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank leo t
Write a ReviewReviews (32,041)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

During my 50-day trip in South America and the Antarctica, I have taken various flights with Latam. For most flights (in Premium Economy or economy), the experience was positive (despite minor delays or downgrading from premium economy to economy due to change of aircraft). However, I was very displeased by the ground staff of Latam Ecuador.

I was travelling with an elderly on the flight from GYE to LIM and hence we lined up 20 minutes on the priority boarding line hoping to get on board. However, a ground staff named Michelle Rolane (regarding asking for her full name, it was again an unsatisfactory experiece - see below) then very rudely said “this was not your line” and asked us and several other elderly who were not in good conditions to move to the back of another line for regular passengers and in the end, the elderly were put to queue even longer than other passengers.

Not every elderly will hold a walking stick or use wheelchair, but that does not mean they will not need priority boarding or other assistance. This Michelle clearly did not have the ability or authority to judge whether the elderly is eligible for the lane. Also, my companion has flew on a few LATAM flights and many flights with other airlines in the world and she was never rejected to use the priority lane. In fact, she was often invited to use the priority lane even she didn’t intend to use it. Therefore, I was not satisfied with this bad experience.

As a side note, when I asked this Michelle of her name to follow-up, she rudely gave her first name only, and I needed to ask for her full name again explicitly. Also, she exhibited a very rude and arrogant attitude when I said I will send an email to Latam on this incident. I have to say first it is very unprofessional for a service staff to give her first name only when the guest asks for her name. Also, she was clearly not taking my opinion when I complained to her.

I have sent an email to Latam on this issue and for the last couple of weeks I did not receive any feedback from Latam Ecuador. In this case, I suggest to avoid flights of Latam Ecuador (Latam is a large airline and I would not avoid its other operations in Chile/Argentina and etc. as I found such relevant experience much more positive than my experience with Latam Ecuador). I hope Latam Ecuador can train its staff on providing better client services.

1  Thank lllchanlll
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was trying to get a refund since I wasn't aware that they don't travel to huanuco, except it wasn't my fault cause when I look for the ticket this airline pull up, when I call to customer service, the representative was really rude, and when I requested a supervisor hung up on me. I would never recommend doing business with people like this.

2  Thank judy17isa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Expedia, originally booked our round trip flights Lima to Cusco with LC Peru. However, when I tried to get the boarding passes, the night before departing New York (December 27, 2018) I found out that LC Peru suspended all flights as of November 23, 2018. Expedia customer service said that they were not aware that LC Peru is no longer flying, refused to help me booking new flights, and instructed me to call LC Peru for assistance. The Peruvian telephone # Expedia gave me was an answering machine in Spanish.
After repeated calls to customer service, Expedia acknowledged LC Peru was no longer operating and agreed to book new flights. In all, the new booking took 4 hours, the price of the 2 tickets went up twice from about $450 to $643. Online At one point, Expedia customer service told me that flights from Lima to Cusco for December 29 were all booked and I would have find an alternate mode of transportation. In desperation, I asked Expedia agent to call LATAM. LATAM stated seats were available, but the on line reservation was down while they were raising prices again. The $643 price I was assured included 1 checked luggage and one carry-on.
To our disdain, checking-in in Lima, Peru LATAM said we have to pay extra $60 for checked luggage. To pay for the luggage we had to wait at another counter, we nearly missed our flight and were told we will have to buy new tickets for the next flight. The LATAM staff was rather stern, bordering on rude. The irony is that while each LATAM ticket from Lima to Cusco cost $257, plus extra $30 for the luggage, the return flight on Avianca was only $62 and included one checked, one carry-on and a personal bag. As a bonus, Avianca staff was pleasant and helpful.
Do not book through Expedia. Although Expedia booked 100’s of people on LC Peru flights, 5 weeks after its suspension, Expedia customer service claimed they were not aware that LC Peru was no longer flying. Yet, I met 2 couples in Cusco who came a few days before us and they got the same story from Expedia. So, Expedia lies to its clienteles and if there is a problem, customer service will not help. Three weeks later, I am still waiting for their response. Because of Expedia negligence, the 1hour 15 minute flights cost us over $1000. LATAM, is more than happy to take an advantage of travelers in distress.

Date of travel: December 2018
3  Thank abivan212
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Simple flight, simple food and friendly staff. This is a mid range haul flight and I was lucky enough to get an exit row seat.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)