“Love the front window seats”
Review of Air Tahiti

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Back on Air Tahiti Brand new fleet of ATR 72-600 on our flight to Fakarava and back.

Friendly check in in Faaa airport. and great flight witn Tetiaroa on the right, Makatea ( on the left ) to stop over on Rangiroa ( seat on the right to see the pass after takeoff ) and then Fakarava.

Great flight, very friendly staff on board and the always welcome cool pineapple juice offering during the flight !
Luggage delivery is quite a challenge in that small airport, be ready to elbow your way.
I hope that the airline reads Trip Advisor and somehow put pressure to the country to up keep the terminal. For this Top world diving destination, the facilities are under par of what one would expect. so much for a first and last impression.....
The bathrooms were lacking running water to wash your hands after using the toilet , No snack bar ( especially useful for those who have schlepped over an hour and a half by boat to come from the south side of the atoll.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Being this is one of the only airlines that fly from PPT to BOB you don't really have a choice. I was expecting a very small plane, but was surprised when we were boarding. Our flight was delayed and then had to stop in Moorea to drop off some flight crew. Besides that everything else was on time and smoothly.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Well, this was absolutely special. Air Tahiti is the wonderful airline that goes from island to island in French Polynesia. You can't go wrong just looking out the window on those planes, what a jeweled paradise do you get to see below you!

I was on my way to Fakarava, a coral atoll, the second largest atoll in the Tuamotu chain of Islands, by way of a stop and airplane change in Rangirora, the largest island in the Tuamotos (both of which are actually remarkably small and barely inhabited). At the airport in Fakarava, I would be met by a boat that would take me on a two hour trip down the lagoon to Ramiti, a very special "pension" existing in a coconut forest on a reef between the blue lagoon and the purple Pacific Ocean, where there were no roads, and if I missed that boat, I would not be able to get to my destination until the next afternoon.

I was enjoying the Air Tahiti flight on its way to Rangiroa, when the captain announced the time we would begin our ascent onto the island. I looked at my watch and to my horror I saw that the time the captain said we would begin our descent was fifteen minutes past my departure time from the island. Now very worried, I stopped our flight attendant who was walking by and I showed her my watch and the departure time on my ticket from Rangiroa to Fakarava. I said, "It looks like there is no way I could connect with my flight to Fakarava," but she said, "The captain knows that you want to catch that flight, don't worry!"

Hmm, I couldn't see how that would be possible, but she spoke with such assurance that I relaxed.

In due course, we made our landing on the runway on Rangiroa. After the plane came to a stop out there, not at the terminal, a male flight attendant came by and said to me, "You are getting off here," and I stood up and he opened the rear door and he led the way down the steps to the tarmac. Down there on the runway, he took ahold of my hand and carefully took me around to the other side of plane (with the propellers still spinning) and opened a hatch. Right there conveniently located was my bright red suitcase, which had obviously been put right there on purpose for this exact reason of instant accessibility. The man said, "Is this your bag?" I confirmed that it was, so he took it out of where it was stashed and then he closed the hatch. He handed me the bag and then once again took me by the hand and guided me over to another plane nearby, its propellers running also, standing there on the runway, and the man shouted above the noise, "This is your flight to Fakarava, which has been waiting for you." He then opened up a similar hatch on that plane and stashed my suitcase in it, shut the hatch, and then took me by the hand around this plane to the lowered stairway, and said to climb aboard the plane and have a nice flight, sir.

I thanked him profusely and entered the plane, took my seat, and we then took off to Fakarava.

There were so many things remarkable about that whole experience. The placement of my suitcase on the plane to Rangiroa right there where we could grab it, the awareness of my destination and communication between the two inter-island planes. the way the plane to Fakarava had gone out onto the runway and then waited there for us to arrive (saving time by not waiting back at the gate), the way the Rangiroa plane stopped out near the Fakarava plane so that I could get off out there, again, saving time, and finally, the male flight attendant taking me from one plane to another, holding my hand as a courtesy and safety feature being out there on the runway between two planes with propellors spinning; no potentate could have received more thoughtful and kind attention and treatment.

This is how they do it out there among the French Polynesian islands and I could hardly think of a better way to be treated, or a better place to receive that treatment; it's a true paradise and remarkable in its hospitality. Air Tahiti, and French Polynesia itself, come extremely highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Pleasant trip in small plane. Views of the islands were spectacular. Quick stop over at Bora Bora. Note that there is no seat allocation so if you want a window seat - make sure you line up for boarding early

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The only company that flights between the different islands in French Polynesia.
Good flights, usually on time, kindly personnel; good service on board (they always serve something to drink during the flights); Seats comfortable;