“Taking advantage of the hurricane and it's shameful and Sad”
Review of Seaborne Airlines

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Have been flying Seaborne for years. I wanted a refund for my family traveling to Tortola from San Juan this upcoming December due to the Hurricane and it's destruction in Tortola. It is not suitable for my family, especially when people are just trying to survive on the island. This airline refused to refund my money only offering up credit to be used within one year, and they will be charging rebooking fees. The agent whom I spoke with tried to tell me that the island of Tortola was a viable island, and the flights were not yet cancelled. Never mind I have no boat, home or other items needed to 'vacation' on the island. It was such a sad conversation for me as I ache for all those suffering from this devastation. Shame on this airline for not refunding the money, or offering to at least put it towards hurricane relief. I will never fly them again when the islands are ready for visitors.

3  Thank cdagpulos

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Seaborne Airlines

NEVER FLY SEABORNE AIRLINES

"Seaborne Airlines was the only airline to refuse to refund my flight due to Hurricane Irma! Although, my flight was CANCELLED BY Seaborne Airlines, they denied my refund, offering me only a credit for use in a year's time. ALL of my 5 other flights going to and from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands were fully refunded by American and United Airlines because of the devastation to the Caribbean and the Southeastern Seaboard! I contacted Customer Relations via phone and email 5 separate times and the representatives refused to refund my ticket. I requested this issue be forwarded to higher management, to appeal to reason, when unusual circumstances - the obliteration by Mother Nature forces the travel industry (in this case Seaborne Airlines) to adapt their protocol. My hope was at an upper organizational level the decision would be made to follow the other Airline's lead, "to just do the right thing," and build a strong return customer base! The CEO, Ben Munson, had the opportunity to expand Seaborne Airline's target market or collapse the company due to the incredible competitive nature of the airline industry. I know I will NEVER book a flight with Seaborne Airlines again, and I will do whatever I am able - to persuade others to do the same!

3  Thank pdoler
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Lousy service, poor customer service, inefficient schedule, my flight departed 95 minutes late. The engines were started prior to closing the doors, so all the fumes were coming back into the cabin. I was in seat 1A.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
2  Thank TheresaFA15
Reviewed 9 September 2017

the flight from St. Croix to St. Thomas was canceled at Sea Plane Base and moved to airport instead. Great inconvenience, since our ride had already left by the time we found out about having to go to airport instead.

On this return flight there were many delays and problems which was especially annoying since I was returning home to St. Croix with my shoulder in a sling after surgery.

The company is incompetent and the customer service non existent. I will gladly pay any amount extra to fly with any airline but them.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank GermanDave
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We booked round trip flights from the Midwest USA to St. Croix on Delta. Delta didn't tell us that the suspend their services to STX in late August. So our return from STX was on Seabourne to San Juan. The flight was 90 minutes late but staff told us nothing unless we asked questions. We missed our connection in San Juan to ATL. The Delta staff in San Juan was totally not helpful and rude. One Delta agent even told us that if they couldn't get us on the next standby flight, we would have to pay for another flight, which wasn't true. The two airlines also couldnt agree on who would have to put us up if we couldn't get on standby. Terrible, stressful experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank wendybC9453KL