“Budget airline”
Review of Eastar Jet

Reviewed 4 December 2017

It’s a budget airline, flight crew were good and fortunately no flight delay. It’s a short flight so we didn’t need anything on board. But it could be cheaper - we can’t avail the promo price since were booking from Manila.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I am writing a trip adviser review for the first time ever because I am so disgruntled with this airline. There were multiple things wrong with this airline. To be fair, the flight itself was fine. Everything that was wrong was the check-in/service. Below is the most ridiculous part of my experience with them:

They made us pay a RIDICULOUS name change fee because my parents had not put their middle initial when buying the ticket. They made up BS saying that my parents wouldn't be able to get through security since it is a law that the name has to match the name on their passports exactly. First of all, that is definitely not the case. My father whipped out multiple flight boarding passes from our trip into Korea that had only his first and last name. Second we went to Incheon airport's general counter afterwards and everyone there said that only a first and last name is needed. Third, maybe it would have been ok if the fee was just $5 or something. No. The fee was $40. Per name. Per flight. We had a round trip flight, so it was $160 total. Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? My parents are Korean and speak the language fluently, so this wasn't a matter of miscommunication. We even tried speaking with their manager, who said there was nothing he could do.

I think in an effort to appease us they gave us seats all the way at the front (economy still). That made us even angrier considering right before they sprung the name change thing on us, they denied our request to sit in the front saying that they need to balance out the plane weight. I know that is a thing, but if they were going to give the seats to someone anyway later why deny us when we're asking first?

Also other very minor things were that the plane was delayed 1.5 hours and they provided water as "free service" as an apology. Again, I understand they are a low budget airline, but come on. There has to be something better than just water, which they gave us again later anyway during the flight.

I was so incensed at the time. This was about 3 weeks ago. I'm writing here also because there isn't even a proper place on their website to submit a complaint. It looks like I have to just directly call or become a member.

This is what we get for trying to save money. Which we didn't since we bought $300 tickets in advance and they dropped to $150 the week before the flight because no one was buying. They got us on that one. Actually, they got us on everything.

Eastar Jet: 5
My family: 0

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank BouL10
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Service staff was rude- they forgot to issue tickets, and they made you re-Queue just to collect them. Rather unpleasant experience especially when they can’t seem to understand English and wave you off or ignore you. Most of their customers are Koreans so maybe learning English isn’t a priority for other international guests. Perhaps being a budget airline they didn’t seem to bother very much. Give them a miss if you can.

1  Thank Bluebirdsbelle
Reviewed 16 September 2017

A budget airline that is efficient, on time with friendly and helpful crew. We did online reservations, pre-booked seats and boarding was seamless.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Check-in staff was very helpful and even helped in making sure our baggage went through (the machine outside was under construction, so they had to do it in a separate room). It's an economy flight, so we didn't expect a lot of legroom, which was all right. Overall, it was smooth, efficient, and gave us value for our money.

• Food and Beverage