“Trying to reach someone to help, please . . .”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 9 December 2018

Hi, I am really hoping that you see this review and can send me the phone or e-mail of someone to contact. I am giving the airline an average rating at this time as we have not flown and just trying to resolve a booking concern.

I am trying to change my flight from economy to premium for a date in June (June 21st). I believe premium is available because when I search to make a new reservation I get the option to book economy (354 euro) or premium (554 euro).

I spoke to someone tonight who said they could not help as they were Iberia, and then I spoke to someone who said the only way for me to select a seat is to wait until 24-hours before check-in.

My goal is to pay the additional money and secure a premium seat on the exact same flight I am already on; no date change, no route change, and simply a premium ticket as opposed to economy. How do I secure a premium seat on an existing reservation. Not trying to get money back, not trying to make changes. Trying to pay extra money to get a better seat.

Please advise who and how I can contact someone to make this happen?

Thank you very much!

FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, we're really sorry we're late in responding to you. We're looking into this and will contact you as soon as we can. We're also on Twitter if you'd like to continue the conversation there. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

Level is a typical spanish corporation product. You change the name, you take a direct flight Buenos Aires-Barcelona without competence, and erase any previous service included (food, drinks, blanket, earphones), you don't change the price but now it's low cost...

Date of travel: December 2018
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Hi. We're a little confused as we haven't changed our name. We launched as LEVEL in 2017 and the flights from/to Barcelona are operated by Iberia. We offer customers a choice of whether they want to purchase meals before they fly or they can purchase them on board (as and when they want). Iberia fly direct from Buenos Aires to Madrid and have never flown direct to Barcelona. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

I have been flying for 25 years and I have never been subjected to this much ridicule and treated unprofessionally as this airline staff and their so called contractors/handlers. We were flying from EWR to ORY on Premium Economy on 6th December night for a business trip with my wife. We arrive 2 hours early and check-in , drop our luggage and proceed to the security lines. About 30-45 later, the agent who checked us in came running and took our boarding pass back saying that the supervisor wanted to take a look at our boarding pass as our names are not getting verified in the system. We were baffled and rushed back to checkin lines to find that there was no supervisor and these guys told us that my wife’s name has a middle name which does not match with her passport. I said ok can you fix it, they said my supervisor will try and wasted another 20 minutes in this . I asked them to call the Level customer service . They said they are not authorized to call and neither they will help. I kept asking for customer service number . They kept we don’t know and look on google. The signal was spotty inside the terminal and by the time I got the number and called Level it was getting late for checkin. Of course, no one picked up at Level customer service or Iberia the website we bought the tickets on. Besides, they did not even let me in the airline even though my name was fine and snatched my boarding pass as well.
The agents just kept giggling and not willing to help passengers who had bought premium economy tickets on their airline. When we asked for their names, they gave us false names(my name is Pierre, although we found out later his name was Andre) so we could not report them. We took their pictures to report and the police showed up. The police tried to mediate and gave us the correct names of these employees. Police left as they said it was a Level customer service issue and we would have to sort out with the airline.

After about an hour the supervisor Abi showed-up, she was also unapologetic or showed any concern to a couple of passengers who just missed their flight due to the incompetent and horrible customer service systems, staff and gate agents. The supervisor just said call the Level or Iberia number and figure it out.

Now we have to get a refund for our tickets, the nightmare continues.

3  Thank 445sidharthas
Reviewed 6 December 2018

We inadvertently flew Level. When we purchased our standard coach tickets some months in advance, we were on an Iberia flight. When we arrived at the airport, a reorganization had taken place and we were now on Level, the new stripped-down economy airline of the Iberia/Vueling group. We were not informed of this change prior to our arrival at the airport.

The first sign that we were in trouble was the endless line to check baggage. I know that most airlines have endless lines, at least for economy, but this was by far the worst I have ever seen.

Our early reservation of two aisle seats was not honored. We were assigned an aisle and a window, which might have been acceptable, but our row was a bit tighter than the other tightly spaced rows, probably to accommodate the metal box on the floor beneath the seats in front of us. This made the seats even more uncomfortable than the typical economy seat and activated my claustrophobia. Cumulatively, I spent several hours of the flight strolling the aisles to avoid sitting in my assigned seat.

Because we were not informed of the change to a no-frills economy airline, we did not prepare for the no-meals, no-snacks, no-drinks policy. (Apparently, if you wish a meal, you can order one on-line pre-flight.) It could have been worse: My husband was carrying a Maine lobster roll he hadn't had time to eat and we shared that for dinner.

The flight staff was completely disengaged from the passengers. After the minimal service of pre-ordered meals, they holed up in the curtained service alcove to read, chat and play cards.

I think we paid for something other than this stripped-down overseas flight, but we decided it would be too big a headache to pursue it with the airline and would infringe upon our vacation. We just wanted to put the experience behind us. After all, we arrived safely and experienced an intense feeling of euphoria as we de-planed.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank prettylilly
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Hi prettylilly. Thanks for your review and we'd like to address a couple of things about your experience. You don't say who you booked your flight with and it's a legal requirement that they disclose who you're travelling with so if that's not the case, you'll need to speak to them about not being advised and we're sorry you weren't advised. We're not a stripped-down airline but part of IAG (who also own Iberia and Vueling as well as other airlines). As you've not included your date of travel it's difficult to identify which crew were on your flight and feed this back to the relevant teams. You can purchase food and drinks on board at any time and eat when you want. We offer customers a choice of whether they want to add meals, etc to their tickets as we know that some people prefer to travel with their own food. We also appreciate that if your expectation was to travel on a full-service airline (with meals included) because you weren't advised then we wouldn't have met your expectation and therefore you gave us 1 star. We however, thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 4 December 2018

We booked our trip to Spain specifically after finding the great rates offered by Level. After reading the reviews I was a bit nervous, so we went in with no expectations - only to have them blown away. I had previously called customer service to see about arranging seats in advance and they very kindly set us up in the exit row seats and added bags to our reservation. I will say that I never received an email confirmation of this, as they had said I would, but I was willing to roll the dice. When we showed up at the airport, we had the seats and bags, as promised. Our flight was on time and the plane was new and nice. Staff could not have been friendlier. We had already eaten dinner in the airport and basically got on the plane to sleep overnight, so it was very straightforward. I think many of the reviews on here are unfair - absolutely give Level a chance! We loved our experience and it allowed us to see Spain! :)

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Stacey_L_0555

Hi, we're so glad that the reviews did not put you off and you tried us out for yourself. We're so happy that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again!