“A beach landing - what a fantastic experience!”
Review of Loganair

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We squeezed into the rather cramped 18 seater Loganair plane for our 'once in a lifetime' experience of landing on a beach runway - at low tide, naturally! We flew low and had a really good view of the lakes and lochs, mountains and islands as we flew over - but we didn't know what they were called which was a bit of a shame. The pilot could not have made himself heard above the engine noise if he'd tried!
The landing was very gentle and we taxied in to then alight on to the sand. Our luggage was retrieved from the baggage reclaim - also known as the bus shelter! Wonderful!

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Flying from Bristol to Aberdeen was no problem. I was told my luggage would be automatically transferred for onward flight to Kirkwall. I also had to go to transfer desk to get a second boarding car£ for Kirkwall. Went to Menzies desk but staff were so busy in the back office in their phones they couldn’t have cared less. Eventually I was directed to the Loganair desk. It was too early to sign in so had to return in 1 and half hours. That’s fair enough. When I returned there was no record of my luggage having been transferred. It was at the Menzies desk, unattended, and could easily have been taken by a passer by. Nobody told me I had to take it off the baggage reclaim myself and then sign it in again with Loganair. This could/should have been announced in the plane or at airport. I was not amused. The staff seemed totally unconcerned!! Poor attitude/poor customer relations. Staff, baggage handlers and company which deals with luggage being transferred need training urgently.

1  Thank J M N
James H, Customer Relations at Loganair, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Iverette

I was very sorry to note that the service received during your flight fell short of that expected, and I would like to offer my assurances that Loganair do require our Handling Agents and staff to provide the highest standard of service to our passengers at all times. To ensure any underlying training issues are addressed, I have passed details of your experience onto our Senior Management for their information.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I flew from NWI to MAN on the small Dornier 328 for a business trip. Returning the same day. The check-in was very simple and I could choose an ‘A’ seat so I was sat in a single seat. Departures at Norwich airport is easy (despite the despicable Norwich airport ripping passengers off with the development fee - clearly not Loganairs fault). We boarded on time about 0630 for an 0655 take off. The stewardess greeted us all and she was very pleasant and welcoming. The seat was clean and comfortable, despite the Dornier’s small cabin, and adorned with a proper tartan headrest. A nice touch for a Scot living in Norfolk. 10 minutes in and I was served a nice tea with caramel wafer, even got a second shortly afterwards. We landed well ahead of time. Very easy flight. The return journey was exactly the same. Great airline, always a pleasure and so much more personal now Flybe aren’t involved in the franchise.

1  Thank davidjh286
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Flying from Campbeltown to Glasgow, and Vice versa, is common for people needing to visit hospitals who have mobility problems. Recently (January 2018) I flew to and from Glasgow to undergo surgery, and found the flight to be comfortable despite a consensus to the opposite. The staff are very accommodating, allowing me to be comfortable on the way back after surgery too. The plane for this route is very small, fitting at most 20 people, it is loud, but what you'd expect from a plane that size. Regardless, it is better than having to travel for four hours via bus or car.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service. Staff are super efficient with a friendly approachable smile at all times. Airplane was small, comfortable and immaculately clean. The short flight to and from Islay at relatively low altitudes makes for some pleasant views. Can’t recommend highly enough and look forward to them taking on the Glasgow to Derry City from Ryanair in late October of this year. Top Scottish airline. Well done

1  Thank Lambretta101
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.