“'LOGANAIR' A must for an experience of true Scottish excellence!”
Review of Loganair

Reviewed 25 June 2018

For anyone travelling to the Highlands and north of Scotland, Loganair is a godsend and real Scottish service at it's best!
After years of having to get home to Inverness by a flight from Dublin to Edinburgh or Glasgow, then travelling by train up to the Highlands, I was delighted to see last September that Loganair, the Scottish independent airline had introduced a direct flight operating on this route. No more having to get to Dublin airport for ridiculously early flights, queuing at busy check in desks, worrying about baggage weight allowances and trekking long distances to a far away terminal and crowded departure gates. Thank you to Loganair's brilliant service, other airlines should take note!
After checking their website which is both straightforward and easy to navigate and understand, immediately booked a flight for the week after the route was due to commence. The price of the return flight was reasonable, particularly good if booked early and compared favourably in cost to previous journeys undertaken. Civilised departure dates and times were an added bonus, as are the regular frequency and availability of flights. As we were travelling onto the Orkney Isles for a family wedding, the opportunity to take a connecting flight if necessary was also highly beneficial. The hold baggage allowance of 20kgs, superior to many other airlines was hugely welcomed.
At Dublin airport, greeted by very friendly and warm Loganair staff and were checked in quickly and efficiently. After a short walk to departures and with no delays, boarded the plane. Although a small craft, the cabin was both spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable, as were the seats with plenty legroom. Cabin crew were exceptional with a warm friendly and relaxed attitude towards their passengers. Although no alcoholic beverages are served on this flight, plenty coffee, tea and snacks were freely available. Only negative point is the size of the toilet but only to be expected on a smaller craft.
On descent to Dalcross, Inverness airport, take advantage of the low altitude to view the stunning scenery of the Highlands. Going through Dalcross arrivals and baggage reclaim is both speedy and efficient.
All in all a most enjoyable experience and to be highly recommended. The total length of the short flight compared to nearly a day's travel previously was brilliant.
Looking forward to booking again soon, so thank you it was a real delight to fly with you Loganair, you do Scotland proud!

Date of travel: September 2017
    • Food and Beverage
3  Thank donella c

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We squeezed into the rather cramped 18 seater Loganair plane for our 'once in a lifetime' experience of landing on a beach runway - at low tide, naturally! We flew low and had a really good view of the lakes and lochs, mountains and islands as we flew over - but we didn't know what they were called which was a bit of a shame. The pilot could not have made himself heard above the engine noise if he'd tried!
The landing was very gentle and we taxied in to then alight on to the sand. Our luggage was retrieved from the baggage reclaim - also known as the bus shelter! Wonderful!

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Flying from Bristol to Aberdeen was no problem. I was told my luggage would be automatically transferred for onward flight to Kirkwall. I also had to go to transfer desk to get a second boarding car£ for Kirkwall. Went to Menzies desk but staff were so busy in the back office in their phones they couldn’t have cared less. Eventually I was directed to the Loganair desk. It was too early to sign in so had to return in 1 and half hours. That’s fair enough. When I returned there was no record of my luggage having been transferred. It was at the Menzies desk, unattended, and could easily have been taken by a passer by. Nobody told me I had to take it off the baggage reclaim myself and then sign it in again with Loganair. This could/should have been announced in the plane or at airport. I was not amused. The staff seemed totally unconcerned!! Poor attitude/poor customer relations. Staff, baggage handlers and company which deals with luggage being transferred need training urgently.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank J M N
James H, Customer Relations at Loganair, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Iverette

I was very sorry to note that the service received during your flight fell short of that expected, and I would like to offer my assurances that Loganair do require our Handling Agents and staff to provide the highest standard of service to our passengers at all times. To ensure any underlying training issues are addressed, I have passed details of your experience onto our Senior Management for their information.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I flew from NWI to MAN on the small Dornier 328 for a business trip. Returning the same day. The check-in was very simple and I could choose an ‘A’ seat so I was sat in a single seat. Departures at Norwich airport is easy (despite the despicable Norwich airport ripping passengers off with the development fee - clearly not Loganairs fault). We boarded on time about 0630 for an 0655 take off. The stewardess greeted us all and she was very pleasant and welcoming. The seat was clean and comfortable, despite the Dornier’s small cabin, and adorned with a proper tartan headrest. A nice touch for a Scot living in Norfolk. 10 minutes in and I was served a nice tea with caramel wafer, even got a second shortly afterwards. We landed well ahead of time. Very easy flight. The return journey was exactly the same. Great airline, always a pleasure and so much more personal now Flybe aren’t involved in the franchise.

Date of travel: June 2018
1  Thank davidjh286
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Flying from Campbeltown to Glasgow, and Vice versa, is common for people needing to visit hospitals who have mobility problems. Recently (January 2018) I flew to and from Glasgow to undergo surgery, and found the flight to be comfortable despite a consensus to the opposite. The staff are very accommodating, allowing me to be comfortable on the way back after surgery too. The plane for this route is very small, fitting at most 20 people, it is loud, but what you'd expect from a plane that size. Regardless, it is better than having to travel for four hours via bus or car.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.