“Well done Flybee !”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I lost the love of flying about thirty five years ago and rarely come out of my lets get this over with mode when using the metal tubes, however credit should always be given when it is due,I was not looking forward to my Saturday evening being spent traveling between Aberdeen and Southampton with a stop and change in Manchester, I cant believe I am typing this but I almost enjoyed it, I traveled to Dyce by train arrived at a virtually abandoned Airport, a surreal experience due to there only being a couple of flights going out between 18.00 & 22.00. Security was over in yes less than two minutes, and was processed by a very nice lady with a smile on her face, a welcome rarity that rarely occurs @ this sadly necessary charade of almost having to srip off and describe every piece of kit one has decided to transport along with ones self, with that dealt with involving the very sad loss to my nice lady of my tin of sugar free Red Bull,well it least it wasn't the usual carelessly packed 40 GBP's worth of after shave lol. Onward into the departure lounge, where I almost started to feel in holiday type mode,so much so that I decided to partake in a alcoholic beverage (well it was Saturday night after all) having been relieved off almost 9.00 GBP for a large vodka and diet coke and drinking it perhaps a little to quick I was feeling nicely relaxed,although please believe me my advice from a seasoned traveler is that alcohol and the big silver bird are not good bedfellows,especially if you are the captain, as two American pilots in separate incidents recently discovered when visiting our shores and turning up for work having enjoyed a drin or nineteen the night before,not pretty, career over stuff,with a criminal record as a wee bonus.
Anyway back to Flybe 15 mins early, yes I did say early on both legs, no dramas friendly helpful staff who actually looked like they were alive and interested and not on autopilot,when I returned my extension strap (19st lol) I remarked to the very pretty smiley flight attendant that on a previous flight I managed to walk off the plane and take the strap home,she laughed like it was the funniest thing she had hear for a decade and said "what are ya like" perhaps not the write thing to say according to Flybe's PR training manual, but it made this fat guy smile,anyway a almost enjoyable experience,well done indeed Flybe,marred somewhat by being charged 42.5 GBP for my fourteen mile taxi ride from Eastleigh to Fareham,which I was informed by the bubbly blonde lady driver that the airport take 30% f0r booking marshaling the customers,almost half the price of the two flights, shocking,anyway,far from my worst travel experience throughout. Brechin to Southampton with a stop in less than six hours cant be bad.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,514)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Comfortable flight, plenty legroom, seated in two's. Excellent cabin staff who were cheerful and friendly. Took off a little late because of congestion over Brussels but arrived on time. Seemed to be much more conscious of passenger safety than other airlines. Everyone's seatbelt was checked properly and cabin staff ensured luggage was stored correctly.

1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed 23 September 2017

First Time Abroad with Flybe and All the staff both ways were Great. The checkin Online seems to be a problem but The automated check in at Exeter airport was great and you could check in at the desk!

1  Thank mark c
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My last review of Flybe (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1-d8728910-r481549036-Flybe-World.html#REVIEWS) was marred by the lack of access to support and assistance when I genuinely needed them following a bereavement. Sadly, they have completely ignored that review and I know this because they have replied to other reviews that portray them in a positive light, so I'm disappointed that whoever manages their PR and Marketing functions, didn't see an amazing opportunity to try and win a customer back, or at least demonstrate a modicum of decency by acknowledging what had happened.
Sadly for me, I had to use them again since my last post for business, being the cheapest flight and flying at the most suitable time. Begrudgingly, I booked a return flight and out of decency and being in full possession of a moral compass which isn't something that appears to be present in their social media review team (hint), it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. Just so that I can harp on about a negative point, I thought we were going to crash when we landed in Glasgow because I've never experienced such a rough landing in my life and the pilot, following what felt like the worst airplane landing in my life, slammed on the brakes so hard, the plane, as a result, felt like it was going sideways and straight ahead at the same time. My heart was pounding at a rate and my adrenalin was in overdrive for half an hour afterwards. Other than that, the flight was as expected, having flown with them before. The only thing that surprised me was the size of the plane. It was tiny! It only had around 17 rows. To be honest, that's not a negative, I quite liked it and the air crew were very friendly, clearly experienced and approachable. My reviews for this organisation will have a slightly tighter "leash", simply because I discovered a significant weakness in their operation and they haven't even had the decency to communicate directly or indirectly with me, which isn't a surprise in the world we live in, but here's to always hoping! They've improved (because I didn't need their support)..

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Flybe lost our luggage and they did not apologize and said lost luggage happens "All the time!" Well, not for us- For all of our travels this was the first time and Flybe's response when asked how they would accommodate us without luggage we were informed it could take 21 days. It took 2 days and numerous long distance calls to Flybe and we got voice mails and we were unable to leave a a message.. Zero Customer Service. Never again would we fly with Flybe!