“Average and ticks the bixes”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Flight was on time and seats comfortable enough. Short flight and as at back of plane got drinks as we were descending. Staff were pleasant enough so OK

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (6,424)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

3rd day in a row and all 6 flights delayed. Some 3 hours and some 1. This airline is heading downhill rapidly. Not a wonder it's up for sale. Mr Branson, if you are buying please rebrand and fix as Flybe is becoming synonymous with being overpriced and under-delivering.

Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

Made my trip from Belfast to Edinburgh without incident using my usual carry on luggage. Unfortunately on my return staff at Edinburgh wheeled out a bag sizer in which one passenger placed her bag which became stuck. After a lot of pulling & tugging the bag came free. The ground staff then pointed to me and I declined their offer preferring to pay the £50 rather than go through the spectacle I had just witnessed. On paying the fee the ground staff placed a luggage tag on my bag and asked me to keep my bag in the meantime prior to it going into the hold. Approx 5 minutes later the flight was boarding and the same ground staff checked my boarding pass and ushered me on through - still in possession of my bag. I boarded the plane and placed the bag beneath the seat and waited for departure. Moments later I was approached by cabin crew asking for my luggage which I produced. He asked for the luggage tag which I removed prior to placing the bag under the seat. Next a service air employee boarded the plane, complaining how far he had to walk then threatened to remove me from a plane should this ever happen again??? Despite my protestations off he walked with my bag. Cabin crew did not to hear what I had to say even though other bags brought into the plane were much bigger in size and they gave up measuring bags after 6/7 passengers. On my arrival home I sent a email of complaint to the CEO of Flybe who in turn passed it to Arthur Minty, customer relations executive who assured me my complaint would be looked into. As expected no incident log was completed by staff regarding this incident and the response reflected this. My complaint was not about paying the £50 it related to the mishandling by Flybe staff. They checked my bag, returned it to me, then threaten to remove me from a plane because I still had my bag??? There are rumours Flybe is going to the wall. Their apathy to customer service would suggest there may be some truth in this. If it is true, well then, that would be karma. Please look to use another airline

3  Thank DBJW1234
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Lovely staff, good prices and beautiful environment. Unfortunately, Flybe stopped flying SEN to GLA, very sad :(

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 18 February 2019 via mobile

I travel with this airline a lot due to work and home commitments and I can confidently say I have never been on a flight that has left on time. The delays vary from 30 mins to two hours - most of the time with absolutely no reasonable explanation.

They will charge you for hand luggage any bigger than a standard handbag so please be cautious of this.

I have never had a pleasant experience using this airline and always dread the journey as I never know what to expect. If there was a alternative airline I would definitely use it and not waste my hard earned money on over priced flight tickets with this terribly unorganised airline.

It continues to truly amaze me how shockingly bad they really are.