“Nice to a point”
Review of Icelandair

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight to Amsterdam via Keflavik was smooth and very comfortable. Cabin crew very attentive and professional.
Return flight was delayed both from Amsterdam and Keflavik, for which the crew apologized profusely. Keflavik airport is a nightmare - forget trying to find the Saga Lounge - all passengers line up in the hallway to get to their respective gates - you have to make sure you’re in the correct line repeatedly. Paid for Saga class and by the time we got to our seats, overhead bins were filled with economy baggage. A minor nuisance, but after being delayed several hours and having multiple gate changes, it was the final insult. Great cabin crew!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,241)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got sandwiches at the terminal for the flight instead of paying for them in the air. Still WAY expensive. They handed us a bottle of water as we boarded. Seat cushions very thin and uncomfortable...BUT the aircraft was clean and there was a little more leg room than on the Air Italia flight we had going over to Europe. Price wasn't bad either. Basic get you to where you're going bus.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As with most airlines, the seats keep shrinking, economy is comfortable enough if you're small (we are) and the person in front of you doesn't put the seat back entirely. They give you water getting on, and they do have a beverage service, but food is completely on you - so bring it with you, or be prepared to buy what they have. First overseas flight I've been on that didn't comp you any wine or beer, too. Not that you need to drink much on a flight but it's nice to have something with the dinner you have to pay for. Curious whether the scrimping on the food and drink really translates to that much of a savings - personally put $20 more on the ticket price and comp the food...oh well. Some inconsistency between airports as to whether they accept your carryon or not. Our roller bags are the latest version of "international" size so fit in the sizer, but in Portland they said our small backpacks were too big to be considered a personal item, that the backpacks were the carryon, so we had to gate-check the roller bags. Flying home (from Bergen, then Reykjavik) the backpacks were not deemed an issue. The selling point of IcelandAir is the ability to layover in Reykjavik for up to 7 nights without paying more for the airline ticket, and that's really a nice deal. If you don't intend to stay in Iceland even for a few days, I'd skip this airline altogether and fly, oh, Lufthansa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was happy with my Icelandair flight -- they've really made the interior more spacious though the video selection is dated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used my Alaska Airlines miles to get a ticket on Icelandair which worked out well & was easy to do, except neither airline would let me upgrade even though I was willing to pay &/or use my miles, because I used miles for the initial purchase.
The overall flight was a standard economy flight.
I appreciated the bottled water provided on plane entry.
Great in flight entertainment!
But a big surprise to me: NO SNACKS! Not even tiny pretzels or trail mix! Which would have been very nice on a long flight.
Also: the boarding process at KEF airport was AWFUL. At first I thought we were surrounded by flights for an airline where your position in line determines your seat because EVERYONE was lined up & you couldn't get by in the hallway, & all the customers were overly angry & aggressive if they even thought someone was attempting to cut them...turns out we were in line for a bus to take us to the plane so it wasn't even a big deal.
Overall would probably fly again but with upgrade.