“Not the best experience!”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Not a great experience. Flight was late departing. Seating is cramped, and staff seemed to be overstretched. Food was overpriced and portions small (which is usual for most airlines). Return flight was late; we were hustled though to departures, and then had to stand and wait for over an hour, because the plane hadn't arrived!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,719)

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We had a very enjoyable experience from the moment we entered the cabin to the moment we exited the aircraft, The cabin crew were very helpful and polite enquiring if we required anything. Just prior to leaving the aircraft the cabin crew wished us a happy holiday and hoped we enjoyed the flight which we though was very nice.

1  Thank andylorraine2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Travelled to Las Vegas from Manchester. Not even told of delay on check in,only when told of boarding time did we realise.Not a single member of Thomas Cook staff anywhere delay was nearly 4hr
Herded into departure lounge with by now large group very drunk men and women.one man so drunk could not stand unaided.No Thomas Cook staff anywhere,no offer of refreshments, no announcements. Amazed all drunk passengers allowed to board.Who were loud and rude and basically walked up and down Aisle across people's feet to get to thier drunken friends on opposite side of plane. Two fainted in the aisle until eventually they slept .This was this was the worst flight we have ever been on.Refused compensation for delay they said it was due to a security issue !!!.so they didn't have to.Would not fly or choose a holiday with Thomas Cook ever again.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Flew TC for the first time. Little bit of pre flight trepidation with several comments on line about people having an aircraft with no IFE, web site problems with online check in etc. I can say that everything went as smooth as silk. We had pre booked seats and checked in online with no problems, boarded the aircraft to find very comfortable seats and very nice interior. The staff were excellent as was the food and IFE (I paid extra for the better films etc) I would have no qualms about recommending TC even though we paid fares comparable to Virgin and BA.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

In many respects the flight was an OK routine flight with a generally good crew but two incidents seriously marred it for me.
About an hour into the 6 hour plus flight I needed to visit the toilet and so naturally stood up to access the aisle from my central seat in the 3-3 formation - I was in seat 30E. But on standing my head immediately collided with one of the 'flap down' TV monitors located every 3rd or 4th row. I sank back down to my seat with a sore head but did resume my trip to the toilet. However, I do recall the numbers of rows in front of me who turned round having heard the crash.
I mentioned the incident to a member of cabin crew who was rather dismissive saying 'I've never heard of that before.'
Some time after returning to my seat I felt a headache come on which got more severe so I took paracetamol. Latter on the same cabin crew member came to give me some pre-ordered duty free items but by then, as my wife tells me, I was unable to correctly input my PIN number; it took me 4 attempts to get it right.
It was at this point that I thought it wise to ask for an accident report form. This was completed by the same cabin crew member, I was shown a copy and told that 'they' would be in touch with me soon! I was only able to have a cursory look at the report, I wasn't asked if there was anything to add & neither did I sign for it - at least this is all to the best of my recollections! The senior cabin crew member said they would ask for paramedics to attend me on arrival at Birmingham, especially as my wife was, by now, concerned about concussion. I spent an uncomfortable subsequent 4/5 hours with a severe headache & a tender neck, probably due to the impact with the monitor which was directly above my seat; literally anybody would hit their head on it if they stood to exit. None of the passengers around me could believe the screen/monitor was placed directly above a seat rather than slightly in front or behind!
The rest of the flight was spoilt due there being insufficient pre-ordered meals being available. The reason (excuse?) being that the wrong flights order being loaded at Banjul.
So, the only alternative was a supposedly ploughman's snack box which consisted of 4 dry cheese biscuits, a slice of plastic cheese, a small tub of creamed cheese, some pickle and a pack of crisps - totally unsatisfying. To make matters worse, in my opinion, is that we were 'served' by the same crew member who had earlier been a bit dismissive. She was rather blunt and vague about what was on offer whilst a different crew member offered those in the previous row anything from the snack menu - any drinks, chocolate, etc, etc. It seemed that when I asked I got rather a negative response as she fired questions at me and quite honestly I was not in the best state to make the snap decisions she seemed to expect of me. My wife felt as if I was unable to make up my mind and there was scant consideration given to me due to the earlier incident.
So, all in all a very much under par experience after a tremendous 2 week holiday. In regard to the food I ended up having had no food of any reasonable quantity or quality from 9.30 a.m. in the morning until our arrival at Birmingham sometime after 10p.m. I'm sure that this lack of food did nothing to aid my mental state either.
I still have discomfort in my neck (whiplash type injury?) but, as yet, no contact from Thomas Cook.