“Sardines in a can”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I flew with Thomas cook to skiathos from Manchester and as soon as I arrived at check in it went down hill I had to pay £12 for being one kilo overweight and I had weighed my cases and brought them to the airport with me but the pig ignorant woman on check in would not have it that my scales were accurate saying there’s were ☹️We then had a hours delay and when we eventually boarded we then had to sit on a roasting plane for another hour till we got a slot to take off, now coming back was worse than going I had to pay €30 because I was apparently 2 kilos overweight yet we left all The toiletries at the apartments so how we were heavier going back I don’t know (but a rep for Thomas cook at skiathos airport said it’s the humidity it makes your clothes heavier laugh I nearly peed my pants it was boiling hot with no humidity) we then had a 3 hour delay in the airport then when we boarded had to sit on the plane for 2 hours eventually taking off 5 hours late with no baggage apparently the plane was to heavy to take off with our luggage on it was delivered 3 days later to home by a courier we were jammed on the plane like sardines with no room to move absolutely horrible journey thanks to Thomas cook

Write a ReviewReviews (8,552)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arrived at Manchester Airport at 7.00am we booked in on- line yet were told to check in as normal. At the desk the airline woman just looked sheepish and without a word handed us an A4 paper stating that our flight was moved up from 9.50 am to 1.30 pm. She then gave us a £7card eachfor breakfast, we were not allowed through security so stayed on the outside. At about 10.30 my partner went to the loo and noticed our flight had altered to 11.00 am, so we rushed, with others, to the gate, the furthest one, obviously, and found several hundred bewildered people stood waiting.
A woman told us she received a text telling them ofthe delay until 1.30, but we never got one despite all our contact info being available.
The plane arrived shortly afterwards and we left at 12.30. I just hope everyone got on and weren’t waiting until 1.30 pm
DURING ALL THIS TIME THOMAS COOK STAFF DID NOT TELL US ANYTHING.

PART TWO, the return
We were taken to the airport and sat outside until our departure time, we then went in and were astonished to see that the queue was enormous, covering several flights with two staff checking in -and they kept getting up and walking away, without a care in the world. The Thomas Cook staff started shouting Manchester, Manchester, so we went to the front and were rushed through and through customs into the waiting room. It was so packed we were squashed in like sardines, old people fainting and kids sat on seats, the customs staff just kept sending more and more through. Three or four full flights -or more -all in that room! We then realised our plane was an hour late. WHY DID THEY NIT TELL US. WE WERE IN ABSOLUTE HELL - HOT, SQUASHED TOGETHER, NO SEATS FOR WELL OVER TWO HOURS. THE THOMAS COOK STAFF JUST GOT US THROUGH THE SECURITY THEN WASHED THEIR HANDS OF US. THEY TOLD US NOTHING.
ABSOLUTE DISGRACE - SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ZERO.

2  Thank Yellowcoat
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Recently travelled home from our holiday in Turkey to Manchester. As Thomas Cook only allow on line check in 24 hours before we had to check in at the desk for our return journey which was chaotic. If they allowed us to check in our inward flight at the same time as outward then we would just have needed to use baggage drop off thus avoiding queues. Flight was also initially delayed for one hour but ended up being over two hours late so for flight due to leave at 21.25 ended up taking off at 23.45. Plane wasn't even Thomas cook but was chartered from a Portuguese company called hi fly ( which we have never heard of). We had pre ordered meal which I had to ask for as flight attendants just walked past us. People behind us had it delivered cold!! To be fair Thomas cook flight attendants very helpful and courteous under very trying circumstances for them as we were all tired due to delay. All other flights at dalaman on time. Apparently other flights in week preceding our flight home were all delayed. Not good enough. Will think twice about flying with Thomas Cook again and will only take daytime flight if we have to.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

3.5hr delay flying out for the start of our holiday, we were in the airport lounge and had to be evicted from there as only allowed 3hrs before your flight time, this was obviously exceeded by 3.5hrs, we were given a £7 token however a lot of people didn't get these and we understand that we got ours because we were in the lounge and the staff in there were helpful and informative. Free drinks were given to all on the plane but none of this makes up for the flight delay which was the airlines fault and admitted by the air crew when asked. Poor start to the holiday for all on this flight

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank SMS1959
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our 5th Thomas Cook holiday. As always have only positive things to say about the flight and staff of Thomas Cook.

1  Thank Diane I