“Not as bad as I was expecting”
Review of Arik Air

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I booked my flight online from the UK. The website isn't great and has the weird feature that you book your ticket and then have 2 days to pay for it. Booking the flight was OK but paying was a problem as my card issuer immediately blocked my card as I suspect they thought I was the victim of a Nigerian scam. That was solved after a long call to my bank and I had my ticket.

Check-in at Abuja is at an incredibly run down counter but there were no queues.

I have no idea if my business class ticket entitled me to use a lounge but I went into the "VIP room" anyway. Comfy sofas but only refreshment was a cup of instant coffee. At the end, I was asked for USD20 so I don't know if that was a "tip" or my ticket wasn't valid for the lounge.

Boarding was on time and you go down some rickety steps and cross the tarmac to the plane. Passengers who have checked luggage need to identify it on the tarmac before it's loaded as Arik seem unable to autmatically match passengers with their luggage, but I suppose at least they carry out this security check.

Once on board there seemed to be some money changing hands between Arik employees and a couple of passengers so they were obvious paying bribes for something or other which was a bit worrying. The seat was wide and comfortable although a bit shabby.

We took off on time for a pleasant 50 min flight. The food was inedible - I have no idea which part of the cow the beef came from!

At Lagos, Arik use remote stands and bus you to the terminal. Business class passengers have their own mini-bus, which not all airlines provide when they use a bus. The terminal was decrepit but I didn't have to spend much time there as I had no luggage to collect.

The taxi area outside was utter chaos.

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Only an hour delay, which is good for Nigeria. Arik time keeping has improved, but still lacking. Delay always due to "Operational Reasons" why they cannot get that right God only knows. Aircraft interior is in bad shape. Seats are in dire need of replacement. Threadbare and broken, strapped with tape to keep them together. Service on checking in is a challenge to keep the "Unofficial" touts and helpers away always looking for "something for the boys". Even airline staff want something. Guess it is the best of a motley bunch.

1  Thank hughparkes
Reviewed 12 October 2017

just a flight that will get you to major cities around Nigeria. and a few countries. the service is just ok. sometimes they are late.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The flight was okay from Abuja to Calabar but the landing at Calabar was not smooth which i don not know why.The take off and landing times were punctual and the services inside the plane were average.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

#nevereverflyarikair, It's sad that this airline that used to be the standard for aviation in Nigeria has now fallen into the abyss.
I attempted to purchase an air ticket on their website in March 2017, my account was debited but no ticket was issued, I've spent countless hours calling and writing emails, and each time they collect my card details and details of the attempted booking but nothing ever happens, and they don't have the courtesy to even try to follow up with the case, and this is after 6 months!
It's only scam artists that charge you for services not rendered and then refuse to refund even when they know that they have wronged you.

Please avoid this airline at all costs except if you like being hassled.

2  Thank ayotunded