“Business Class not up to the competition”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The good: The business class seat is good (if nowhere near that of Singapore and Co, at least as good as BA).
The bad:
1. Although roughly the same price as all the competition, the "business class" ticket from Berlin to Boston actually includes and economy leg to and from Dublin. This wouldn't be so bad, but they do not even offer water for people with business class tickets.
2. The lounges in Dublin and Boston are subpar (dirty bathrooms, truly horrible food...).
3. On my flight to Boston, the flight attendant had no idea what she was doing. Clearly her first time working business? She was so inflexible (wanted to clear my dinner tray early and have some cheese, but "that wasnt possible" and my request for a few extra crackers was "not possible" (business was less than half full). When asked if there was anything sweet she stated "I had already had cheese, and there would be no dessert for me"...I didnt want dessert.
4. I sent FOUR emails to Aer Lingus customer asking if I could bring Duty Free bought in Berlin through to my connecting flight. None of the responses I received addressed my rather simple question.
5. I still have not received my Avios from this flight (outbound flight was 12 days ago).
6. This may be the airports fault, and not the airline, but luggage collection in Boston was ridiculously bad. There was an alarm going off the entire time (very loud, not the quick beep that the belt was starting up). Delay of over 25 minutes, and then a last minute belt change.
7. Finally...the bathrooms in the business class cabin where never refreshed during the flights. They are very outdated and were dirty.
I would consider Aer Lingus for an economy flight to Ireland, but never again for Transatlantic!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,182)

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Flight to Dublin delayed, no Aer Lingus rep available, we were told they were looking for alternative flights at 9.30am. Still had no response at 12.30. How long does it take to find flights, by the time they respond All the options for today will be gone.
Useless and unprofessional.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We took four Aer Lingus planes in all to get from Philadelphia to Dublin and Rome, and then back. Service was sullen. The plane seemed to be falling apart - we prayed that the engines etc. were in better shape than the interior. Long lines to wait for the toilets - only to discover that one of them had been occupied for about 10 minutes or longer by a flight attendant who finally emerged with a ton of freshly applied make-up and a hard smile. The supposedly hot meal on the way over was half-cold, better on the way back. Before landing in Dublin after the night flight no hot drinks were offered - just a cold juice. The flight attendant looked surprised when I asked whether it wouldn’t be possible to get coffee, though not as surprised as I was when she actually brought me a cup. The Aer Lingus service points in the airports are way understaffed. I usually have to fly U.S. airlines so I know something about crappy airlines, but Aer Lingus really takes the cake.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Was my connecting flight from Singapore to Belfast via London's Heathrow. The planes are new, seats comfortable, food and coffee is good, and crew was very pleasant. Remarkably good for a low-cost airline. Return flight from Belfast to London was a great experience as well.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Cannot recommend Aer Lingus high enough for this short flight. Professional and courteous staff. A very pleasant flight.