The good: The business class seat is good (if nowhere near that of Singapore and Co, at least as good as BA).
1. Although roughly the same price as all the competition, the "business class" ticket from Berlin to Boston actually includes and economy leg to and from Dublin. This wouldn't be so bad, but they do not even offer water for people with business class tickets.
2. The lounges in Dublin and Boston are subpar (dirty bathrooms, truly horrible food...).
3. On my flight to Boston, the flight attendant had no idea what she was doing. Clearly her first time working business? She was so inflexible (wanted to clear my dinner tray early and have some cheese, but "that wasnt possible" and my request for a few extra crackers was "not possible" (business was less than half full). When asked if there was anything sweet she stated "I had already had cheese, and there would be no dessert for me"...I didnt want dessert.
4. I sent FOUR emails to Aer Lingus customer asking if I could bring Duty Free bought in Berlin through to my connecting flight. None of the responses I received addressed my rather simple question.
5. I still have not received my Avios from this flight (outbound flight was 12 days ago).
6. This may be the airports fault, and not the airline, but luggage collection in Boston was ridiculously bad. There was an alarm going off the entire time (very loud, not the quick beep that the belt was starting up). Delay of over 25 minutes, and then a last minute belt change.
7. Finally...the bathrooms in the business class cabin where never refreshed during the flights. They are very outdated and were dirty.
I would consider Aer Lingus for an economy flight to Ireland, but never again for Transatlantic!