“Great Pricing but Moscow is not really the best!”
Review of Aeroflot

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

We chose Aeroflot with great trepidation but the price was great so why not. We flew Lisbon-Moscow on a spanking new 737 for five and a half hours. Breakfast was perfect, grilled beef and an omelette with some salad starter etc and a choice of warm bread. The IFE worked well, seats reclined enough to rest but not sleep since this was a daylight flight. Good wine selection, great lunch. No smiles but courteous and businesslike service. Plane landed atsome far end of the airport, bus transfer, temp -8!!!!Funnily the male purser smiled the ladies did not!

We had about 3 hours for transfer doesn't to their business lounge. Wide selection of alcohol and huge variety of food, comfortable lounge, gets a bit noisy when crowded. Moscow is a disorganized airport so short transfers are certainly not advisable.

Moscow Delhi gate was again at some far end, no carts. Very crowded and no information. No one speaks English and no one smiles.

Brand new Airbus 330 for Moscow Delhi, Russian, Indian and Italian food on offer. I chose Indian and was pretty happy with it, again good alcohol selection. The seat is not full flat, so not so great for a night flight. All you have heard about russian toilet paper is true. The amenity kit was basic and sparse. Service was business like, but no smiles ever.

The price value equation is great, airline does the job but with no warmth. Not much to not like and I would fly with them again if the price was right.

Moscow seems to be a disorganized

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Value for money
Aeroflot95, Public Relations Manager at Aeroflot, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2019

Dear Anilanilmehta, thanks much for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience with Aeroflot. We are so glad that you found your trip a good value. We strive to offer an outstanding travel experience for every passenger at a reasonable price. We hope to see you on board again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,080)

Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

I’m a 24 year old girl from sweden and this was the first and last time I travelled with aeroflot russia airlines.

I bought a ticket from copenhagen(Denmark), very close to where I live, to bangkok(Thailand) with a transfer in moscow. My transfer time in moscow was 2 hours.
So everything works fine at the beginning and we land in moscow only 15 minutes late, about 17:40. Next flight leaves 19:25. So the plane stops and everyone starts to take their handbaggage and prepare to go. And then we stand there... in the plane.. for 25 minutes. Then finally we can leave the plane and outside there is a bus that are gonna take us to the airport. The bus takes another 30 minutes!?

Arriving to the airport approximatly 18:40. (Boarding time for my next flight starts 18:45) So now its time for passport controll and Im super stressed out and there are so many people and its taking so long. I acually pushed myself into the queue. And I dont really do that normally.

Inside and ready to find my gate at 19:00. (Gate closes 19:05) running like a madman all over the airport. You think I made it? Ofcourse not..

So I go to the aeroflot desk and holy god it wasnt just me. For me this was so ridicilous. There were so many people standing waiting in front of the desk to get help with new tickets because of missed flights. There was no queue or anything but a big lump of people, very messy and disorderly. I got right near the counter in the beginning but then I stood there for 2 hours. people pushed and threw their passports over my and others head.

When its FINALLY my turn i give him my passport and tell him what happend, he goes: ”you had more than 1 hour transfer you should have catch your flight there’s Nothing i can do, NEXT!” One disturbing thing about that is that i have seen him give new tickets to people who came from my flight(copenhagen) and missed my other flight(Bangkok) same transfer. So I say that to him and he goes: ”I never did that, you have to buy a new ticket, NEXT!”

At this point I’m devastated, I dont really have alot of money so this pushed my wallet. But I get myself together and look in my travel app for flights from moscow to bangkok and I can see there’s one around 07:00 the next day. I go to the desk were I can buy the ticket. I tell her i want a ticket to Bangkok and she says: ”next flight that’s not full
goes 23:00 tomorrow” ....... ? I just look at her and says:” then why can I buy a ticket online that goes 07:00?” After that she doesnt say anything, not even the price wich was 6000SEK=574EUR=647USD, she just give me my new ticket and I try to say Thank you But i dont know..

I go back one hour later to ask about my bagage if its on its way to Bangkok right now with the flight I missed or if its in moscow and if thats the case to make sure it comes with me on my new plane. They say that they will fix that.

Arriving in Bangkok! Goes to bagage claim. No bag. Have to buy a thai sim-card so that they can reach me if and when they find my bag, wich they did 24 hours later.

As the icing on the cake: there was not one person who worked at the airport that was nice. it is a large airport with a lot of staff so i can have had bad luck but no one was helpful. it really felt like they hate their job.

Date of travel: February 2019
6  Thank majawr
Aeroflot95, Public Relations Manager at Aeroflot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2019

Dear majawr, thanks much for taking the time to share feedback. We deeply regret to hear about your disappointing experience. To enable our colleagues to look into the situation please send this description along with flight details and the bag tag number to designated feedback form on Aeroflot website. Despite the setback we still hope you will fly with Aeroflot again in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

This is was my third trip with them but before was a business class and was good
This time we start from the front desk the staff was ok but I have a problem with one bag because I am a sky team silver member and if you fly with any sky team member with your card you have one bag extra I try it before on SAUDI airline, France airline and Czech airline and also with them when we came to Moscow and I showed them the previous boarding and the tag of the bag that I came with this bag free but here they did accept even the Aeroflot is a sky team member and they charged me around 30 euro also the staff didn’t try to call or to see why this happened
The plane was nice but small and the staff generally not bad
Next time I will try to choose different airline

Date of travel: November 2018
3  Thank abdulrahman542
Reviewed 13 February 2019

Yekaterinburg has limited flight options and usually takes longer than it should to get too, due to long layovers. To get there from Hong Kong, I flew on Aeroflot 213 from Hong Kong (HKG) to Moscow (SVO). Then after a 4-hour 20-minute layover, I boarded Aeroflot 1406 which took me from Moscow (SVO) to Yekaterinburg (SVX). The first segment was on a Boeing 777-300ER and the second on an Airbus A320. I had aisle seats on both. Legroom was good, as was the food, beverages, and cabin crew service. I had selected Aeroflot as my main carrier based on price and that it is Russia’s best carrier.

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
47  Thank KodoDrummer
Aeroflot95, Public Relations Manager at Aeroflot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear KodoDrummer, thank you for choosing us for your trip. We are so glad that you found your flight a good value. We strive to offer an outstanding travel experience for every passenger at a reasonable price. We hope to see you on board again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Flight time is strictly adhered to. Short waiting time during the transfer. Meals are good. Unfortunately, the staff do not speak English or other language, russian only...

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank hunzol

Dear hunzol, thank you for your comment on our service. We appreciate your attention. It is important that all passengers receive services in accordance with the highest standards. You can send your remarks via our feedback form on our website.