“Saved our holiday”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were travelling to LA via Vancouver, we had our ESTA already from traveling earlier in the year, but had no idea about the Canadian ETA (completely our fault). Anyway, applied the day before, my girlfriends being accepted within 10 minutes, but I had to complete additional forms due to my military service (going by the questions asked).

To cut a long story short we were not able to board due to my application not having been processed, but the staff at the gate were superb, they phoned through to whoever in Canada, chased it up, and it came through within 45 minutes. Although we missed our original flight, they booked us on another just over an hour later, free of charge, and had already removed our luggage from the hold.

I can't remember all of the staff members names, but one I can was named Andrea, she was so accommodating and understanding. My girlfriend did run along to the shop to buy them some sweets to say thank you.

Thanks to everyone who helped, and we will definitely be flying with you guys again

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (16,901)

Reviewed 19 November 2017

this is the 2nd time we utilized air Canada to fly to Europe. first time was Greece and 2nd Italy. Air Canada was reasonable, comfortable seats (yes even in the cheap economy seats), good entertainment and flight crew professional and attentive. Security lines efficient.
all in all a good reliable airline and would recommend it.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Booked an air canada vacations package. Was promised $500 credit towards purchases at the resort. Never saw the credit nor any mention of it. Paid for seat with extra leg room which meant beside the emergency exit doors, did not get these seats at all and I chose them online. No more screens for watching or listening to music, extinct. One must have to download the app on their tablets or cell phones, I did it with no issues but others could not. Once downloaded there wasn't a huge variety but then we don't like when we all have to watch the same film as back in the day. You can rent a tablet with ear buds if you don't have your own. When leaving Cozumel we received a text message that we were departing a half hour later but their website and the screens in Cozumel airport did not report this. We left on time. Seats were ok, less space than in the past but they now have adjustable headrests where the outside edges bend in so that your head does not fall on the stranger next to you, LOL! When they call to board it now goes by zone and not seat numbers. Read your boarding pass and check before hand.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I think that some airlines always seem to offer very good service and I put Air Canada in this groupings have flown with them many times and have never had an issue that wasn't immediately addressed by the staff

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Very good customer service on the ground and on flight. The only thing I didn't like is that I had to pay more than $25.00 US for luggage.