“As Expected.”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good flight but you do have to pay for each bag, going and returning. Bummer.
Flight back was delayed for 5 hours causing us to incur more expense.

However, it was a smooth flight back and rhe pilot was awesome.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,702)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I will absolutely NEVER fly Air Canada again, it's really sad that because there are not that many options for flight carriers that they think they can get away with this kind of service.

I had four flights with Air Canada this week....NOT A SINGLE plane was on time. NOT A SINGLE ACCURATE DELAY TIME WAS GIVEN. Yesterday I flew into Vancouver from LAX and was to connect to Penticton. You would think that if they cannot get it together enough to have their flights on time they would not allow someone to book a connecting flight with less than 2 hours layover. This is not the case. My flight was to leave LA at 2:20, fine it gets delayed 15 mins and was scheduled to arrive at 5:25. Fine, not a big problem, for a simple traveler with nothing to declare and very little luggage it shouldn't be a problem to get through customs by say 5:45 or even 6:00 and still have fifteen minutes to get to my second flight boarding at 6:15....that still left another half an hour before the flight actually departed. HOWEVER, 15 minute delay turned in to almost an hour, we were approximately twenty minutes late boarding and another fifteen to twenty minutes departing. Cutting my time down to half. We were given no reason for the delays, the gate staff at LAX didn't even actually know what gate the plane was boarding from, we were moved from the gate that was printed on the ticket an even in the announcement the attendant corrected herself and switched the gate THREE times. Please make up your mind before you make announcements so your patrons don't look like deer in headlights trying to figure out where to be.

Yes the flight, once in air, was uneventful aside from being refused the ability to pay for my drink and snack with a debit mastercard (which makes no sense to me as debit mastercard is accepted at every other vendor that accepts mastercard) I was also told there was no way they could accept cash....which I believe is not strictly legal to refuse cash as a legal tender.

Anyways I arrived in vancouver at 5:50 and sat on the tar mac for approximately another ten minutes before we were to deplane. When deplaned I politely asked a gate attendant if she could point me to a supervisor or someone who could call the gate ACROSS the airport to let them know I was on my way as quickly as possible as it was IMPERATIVE that I returned home last night and due to no fault of my own (I was at the airport 2.5 hours in advance....I took care of my end of the deal and braved Los Angeles traffic to get there with plenty of time) it seemed likely I was going to miss my flight. Nothing, no offer no "Sure I can see if they will hold the flight" just instructions of where to go. Got through customs, asked another gate attendant to check and make suremy luggage was on the flight, he said yes absolutely, accepted that as a good enough answer. Made my way to the secondary screening and at this point I'm sweaty, out of breath and exhausted from sprinting from one end of the airport to the other, was met by a VERY rude gatekeeper there who when I asked again for the gate to be radioed to see if they could hold the flight she said ,"No, it's up to you to be here on time, and if your flight leaves there's nothing I can do about it."

Look, I understand if you radio the gate and they can't hold the plane. But when I'm paying hundreds of dollars to use your services and pay your wages, I expect at least a little effort here when your employer has cocked it up and resulted in almost certainly missing my flight. GOD BLESS the saint of a woman who allowed me to cut line for my carry on to be xrayed even though she wasn't supposed to, FINALLY someone who understands that an already stressful situation is just multiplied by wondering if you're going to be stuck in an airport all night (becayse god knows had I missed the flight there would be no hotel compensation and I'm not about to fork out another 100+ dollars after already spending for my flights). GOD BLESS the supervisor I finally talked to who radioed the gate for me.

I was at this point, maybe four or five minutes at a speed walk (could no longer run, I had already hurt my ankle running in flip flops) from the gate. I get there and the NERVE of the gate attendant who said she was going to take me off the flight because the doors were closing. Okay, well did you not have somoene call you? There was at this point at least a couple of minutes left by some miracle. She told me it was again my responsibility to get to the airport on time. I tore a strip off her to say the least. If you are dealing with customers delayed by your companies fault you should be trained to not open your mouth and say whatever you feel. I am being polite, I will not stand for your rudeness and it is RUDE to put the blame on a delayed passenger who had nothing to do with the situation.

The next flight was uneventful as well.

HOWEVER. After asking two people in LOS ANGELES and two people in Vancouver if my baggage was on the flight, big surprise, it did not arrive in Penticton with me. What's worse is when I tried to complain about the whole ordeal the desk attendant could not have cared less and told me she was here to help me and that i needed to complain somewhere else. HOWEVER she did not file the claim properly. I went online this morning to check the status and it said the case number was invalid. So then I had to spend the next half an hour on hold trying to get the issue sorted. I was told the luggage has been located, thankfully,but that is not the point.

I suggest Air Canada severely alters their customer service training as the majority of their employees do not seem to care how they handle their customers. I understand issues happen, I am not a person to complain usually, I can over look things to an extent but the lack of respect and care I received yesterday has soured what was an incredible trip and I will never reccommend or suggest Air Canada to anyone I know. Also a large part of my life is in the States now and I guess I'll just have to drive down to an American port to fly out from now on, I've never had this level of issue with any american airline I've used.

Shame on you Air Canada. I don't know if you save your customer service for your first class passengers, but for someone who travels as much as I do, I don't have the luxury of shelling out thousands of dollars every month to get where I need to be. Shape yoruselves up, this is disgracefull

1  Thank Jessicka M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I do not remember ever being treat so poorly on any flight I have ever taken in over 43 years of flying around the world!

Starting with my partner being assigned a different seat from the seat we originally reserved 3 months earlier. We were charged $100 in advance to reserve this seat.

My travel agent had recommended I book my seat upon making my reservation and I was charged $30 in advance. Because my seat was just a normal seat (no special leg room required) I did not think to check my boarding pass; I assumed it matched the seat I reserved.

Imagine my surprise when another person shows up with a boarding pass stating they have my seat! I have to pick up all my stuff and move away from my travelling companions to a seat that is already occupied by another person with a boarding pass stating they have been assigned the same seat.

I was then shuffled to another seat in the back of the plane, only to be bumped by another passenger with a boarding pass for that specific seat.

Eventually, 6 seats later, I was settled in a " supposedly temporary seat" so the plane could take off.

The confusion over the seats was difficult enough, however the rude attitude of the male steward just further acerbated the situation! I felt like I was shuffled from one seat to the next like a piece of unwanted luggage. No apology for the confusion, no compensation was offered, no thank you for accommodating the mix up...

The MALE steward who kept moving me was extremely rude and offered no suitable solution to the situation.

I ended up at the very back of the plane, far away from my travelling companions.

I felt completely bullied.

I will avaoid flying with Air Canada at all costs in the future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The plane was not full/ The seats were comfortable, the stewardess very helpful and obliging. The plan left Heathrow on time and landed in Toronto on time. A very clean plane and a very comfortable flight.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The outbound leg went quite well. The first flight was smoth,albeit a bit late. The Toronto to London leg was delayed upon takeof(mechanical problem) but also delayed a bit for landing. The folks of the aircrew were courteous and prompt.
The biggest snag was the last leg from Toronto to Windsor. Apparently due to weather, the flight was cancelled. We were not placed on the last flight of the day(departing at 2350) and for the first hour, the officials seemed unclear as to their plans for us. Finally a bus was organized for the three hour journey. However ,it was a van bus, so the group/with luggage, were tightly packed in for the bumpy ride to Windsor(arriving at 0130) The airline has not replied to my inquiry regarding compensation for late arrival-so we shall see. The disappointing aspect was the poor communication from the airline folks and the last minute bus ride situation.