“Weird”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 10 March 2024

It wasn't really a problem, but just something weird. To identify their luggage without problems, they glued and stitched a little Spanish flag on both of their bags. Both gone. It seemed too little to complain but I find it unacceptable somehow.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank J9021YEisabelg

Reviewed 7 March 2024

By far the worst airline, and I thought Spirit was bad Air Europa is worst. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The flight was canceled after Hours of waiting and waiting and then more HOURS of waiting and waiting for a hotel voucher. The customer service is the worst as well.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 5 March 2024

On December 12th, we departed from Madrid-Barajas with over two hours of delay, resulting in our arrival in Miami with the same delay. The Air Europa team arrived late for boarding, causing us to lose our place in the take-off queue and requiring us to join the line again.

Many of us missed our connecting flight in Miami, despite having more than 3 hours for the connection, which I have made dozens of times before. As it was the last flight of the day, there were no available flights until the following morning. Air Europa claims to provide support, but in reality, they offer neither food vouchers, nor hotel accommodation, nor anything at all.

Over the phone, I was informed that I was entitled to all of these benefits and reimbursement for the new ticket I had to purchase the next day. I spent the night in the airport, in the middle of winter and feeling quite cold. No one provided a voucher or hotel service.

When I submitted the claim for expenses and the new ticket, it took them a whopping two and a half months to respond!! This was only because I kept calling continuously; I am certain that had I not been persistent, they would never have responded, hoping it would be forgotten.

Their response, two and a half months later, is that they are sorry, they regret the bad experience, but they will not pay anything.

This is beyond abusive! They deny your claim outright because they know that at some point, you will become frustrated with battling against a brick wall and stop pursuing it. This way, they save themselves from any possible compensation payouts.

Do not use Air Europa; now you know what to expect. I am not alone; I know many others who have had the same experience with this airline.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank azul33blanco
Reviewed 4 March 2024

9 HOURS OF FLIGHT. MISERABLE experience
.The most expensive ticket I paid for one way. The food is a small portion, with plastic cutlery (the cheapest on the market). Any company gives you a snack in the afternoon, THEY SELL IT TO YOU, and an hour before you arrive, they pass by again, selling snacks. If it were healthy food, Ok, I could consider this comment. There are movies to watch from your television in front of you. THEY SELL YOU HEADPHONES FOR 3 euros, one of those disposable ones that you find on any airline. Never travel with them, you will have the worst experience. I am a frequent passenger. I select the airlines before traveling. TAP, is the best, in attention, crew. They spend the whole night offering water... many details that make a pleasant trip.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank 577mariam
Reviewed 3 March 2024

Flying with Air Europe from London Gatwick via Madrid to Sao Paulo. Flying with Air Europe was second worst long fly experience and I not recommend this company. For the price they charged us the price-performance ratio was terrible.
1. I reserve my seat in the front of the plane in the windows (fly Madrid to Sao Paulo)
They just put me in the middle area. I protest and showed I had reserve my seat in the front they not even apologies just said the seat is not available any more and put me in other windows seat on the back. Not even the low coast done this to me. The staff are not care and absolutely not helpful.
2. The seats are so horrible tight and uncomfortable. Believe me even the seats in Ryan Air planes are much more comfortable.
3. Horrible board service. They just give you the one meal that's it.
They don't offer a glass of water in 12 hours fly.
3. Dirty and broken toilets, not enough toilets for 12 hours fly.
4. Some flight attendant not speak english, there been just one flight attendant was speaking portuges (fly going to Brazil).
5. You need to pay for the headphones to watch TV.

Flying with Air Europe you pay lot (like in Emirates or other good company's) but you get the service of low coast Airlines
I do not recommend use this service.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank david S
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.