“Horrible customer service”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 12 March 2024

Horrible customer service. I booked a flight yesterday on Air Europa and as soon as I clicked submit payment, it took me immediately to the home page without showing confirmation whether the order went through or not.

No confirmation page, no confirmation number, no confirmation email.
And TWO charges for the same flight.

I called Air Europa and was given a long song and dance that the transaction was declined and then that there was something in the system that wasn't showing correctly and that maybe it was a problem with my balance limit (no there isn't). I told her I had contacted my bank and that there was no restriction on my account and that I could process as usual.

Then she said, oh she already processed a refund document (whatever that is) and I got an email saying that one of the flights was refunded. I told her this is only one refund; there were two charges. She proceeded to say that I have to wait a few days for the refund to show up and "I will see." I asked for an explanation why it's showing two transactions approved and only one refund ... and if she is issuing one refund, isn't that a tacit admission that the transaction DID GO THROUGH? Why not apply that to the ticket I had ordered? Then she went through some mumbo jumbo that did not make sense whatsoever, and I asked for a supervisor. She refused to escalate the call, saying she had talked to the supervisor and the answer would be the same. No no, please escalate me and I would try to explain the situation to the supervisor. Again she refused.

So... I'm stuck with $3600 out of my account and only one refund confirmed to be coming my way in a few days. And no ticket.

1  Thank pb630

Reviewed 10 March 2024

There’s 0 leg room, 0 space when the person in front of you reclines back. The flight attendant literally sat in the back the whole time. We asked for water and they said we had to go back and order it and when we did they said to wait a while for them to come by?? The headphones that I bought for $3 also didn’t work and when I asked for a replacement I got ignored.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Paradise18477976931
Reviewed 10 March 2024

It wasn't really a problem, but just something weird. To identify their luggage without problems, they glued and stitched a little Spanish flag on both of their bags. Both gone. It seemed too little to complain but I find it unacceptable somehow.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank J9021YEisabelg
Reviewed 7 March 2024

By far the worst airline, and I thought Spirit was bad Air Europa is worst. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The flight was canceled after Hours of waiting and waiting and then more HOURS of waiting and waiting for a hotel voucher. The customer service is the worst as well.

1  Thank Maria C
Reviewed 5 March 2024

On December 12th, we departed from Madrid-Barajas with over two hours of delay, resulting in our arrival in Miami with the same delay. The Air Europa team arrived late for boarding, causing us to lose our place in the take-off queue and requiring us to join the line again.

Many of us missed our connecting flight in Miami, despite having more than 3 hours for the connection, which I have made dozens of times before. As it was the last flight of the day, there were no available flights until the following morning. Air Europa claims to provide support, but in reality, they offer neither food vouchers, nor hotel accommodation, nor anything at all.

Over the phone, I was informed that I was entitled to all of these benefits and reimbursement for the new ticket I had to purchase the next day. I spent the night in the airport, in the middle of winter and feeling quite cold. No one provided a voucher or hotel service.

When I submitted the claim for expenses and the new ticket, it took them a whopping two and a half months to respond!! This was only because I kept calling continuously; I am certain that had I not been persistent, they would never have responded, hoping it would be forgotten.

Their response, two and a half months later, is that they are sorry, they regret the bad experience, but they will not pay anything.

This is beyond abusive! They deny your claim outright because they know that at some point, you will become frustrated with battling against a brick wall and stop pursuing it. This way, they save themselves from any possible compensation payouts.

Do not use Air Europa; now you know what to expect. I am not alone; I know many others who have had the same experience with this airline.

Date of travel: December 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank azul33blanco
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.