“Flight overbooked”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 13 March 2024

The flight was overbooked. I bought my ticket about a month before flying and when trying to check-in the night before the flight, they did not allowed me as the flight was overbooked. After all the stress at the airport of not having a seat during the 2 hours before the flight, a passenger did not show up and they gave me his/her seat. They couldn’t care less about their passengers only about the maximum amount of money.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank AnnaOaks

Reviewed 12 March 2024

Horrible customer service. I booked a flight yesterday on Air Europa and as soon as I clicked submit payment, it took me immediately to the home page without showing confirmation whether the order went through or not.

No confirmation page, no confirmation number, no confirmation email.
And TWO charges for the same flight.

I called Air Europa and was given a long song and dance that the transaction was declined and then that there was something in the system that wasn't showing correctly and that maybe it was a problem with my balance limit (no there isn't). I told her I had contacted my bank and that there was no restriction on my account and that I could process as usual.

Then she said, oh she already processed a refund document (whatever that is) and I got an email saying that one of the flights was refunded. I told her this is only one refund; there were two charges. She proceeded to say that I have to wait a few days for the refund to show up and "I will see." I asked for an explanation why it's showing two transactions approved and only one refund ... and if she is issuing one refund, isn't that a tacit admission that the transaction DID GO THROUGH? Why not apply that to the ticket I had ordered? Then she went through some mumbo jumbo that did not make sense whatsoever, and I asked for a supervisor. She refused to escalate the call, saying she had talked to the supervisor and the answer would be the same. No no, please escalate me and I would try to explain the situation to the supervisor. Again she refused.

So... I'm stuck with $3600 out of my account and only one refund confirmed to be coming my way in a few days. And no ticket.

1  Thank pb630
Reviewed 10 March 2024

There’s 0 leg room, 0 space when the person in front of you reclines back. The flight attendant literally sat in the back the whole time. We asked for water and they said we had to go back and order it and when we did they said to wait a while for them to come by?? The headphones that I bought for $3 also didn’t work and when I asked for a replacement I got ignored.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Paradise18477976931
Reviewed 10 March 2024

It wasn't really a problem, but just something weird. To identify their luggage without problems, they glued and stitched a little Spanish flag on both of their bags. Both gone. It seemed too little to complain but I find it unacceptable somehow.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank J9021YEisabelg
Reviewed 7 March 2024

By far the worst airline, and I thought Spirit was bad Air Europa is worst. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. The flight was canceled after Hours of waiting and waiting and then more HOURS of waiting and waiting for a hotel voucher. The customer service is the worst as well.

1  Thank Maria C
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.