“AirEuropa is the worst Airline ever”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 19 March 2024

The manager flight attendant started randomly changing people’s seats before take off. She didn’t let me buy my own seat through AirEuropa’s booking website. She said i can’t lay down through the 3 seats. I saw everyone around me got comfortable and laying down and sleeping, i was suffering the whole flight because she wanted to make one more person “comfortable”. Even if they are family sitting together, she wants to spread the seats and ask them if they want to change their seat to be more comfortable? she has no right. If i bought a empty seat within 3 empty seats, that means i want to be ALONE. But she didn’t understand that, and now i have no idea about the rules. What if i buy a seat to be alone and a flight attendant randomly moves someone next to me? Then i want a refund for my seat payment right? What an absolute BS right? I told her i was sick, she said if you’re sick you need to go back in madrid. Wow

One of the attendants didn’t ask me what i want to eat, she just put the food on my table just like that. I got pasta, brownie, and a bread. What happened to good variety of airplane food? The food was not enough for a 11 hour flight.

During flight i press Crew Call 5 times on screen, nobody attended.

More flight attendants were spreading some small snack around the flight by the end of it, also passed through me, and didn’t offer anything. It’s like i have to shout and ask for it.

AirEuropa here is the last flight i take with them, one or the worst ever flights that i have been in.

I was extremely sick, i couldn’t raise my voice, i was suffering the whole flight, yet they didn’t give me any notice.

USB charging was not working on flight, had to use my powerbank.

A flight crew hit my feet and woke me up twice on flight without apologies.

This is flight UX39 from Madrid to Quito on March 18 (take off at 1:45 am). This is my report against the flight crew members that operated that flight. How can all crew members on one flight be so un attentive and uncaring? And that was first flight with AirEuropa, and the last one as well.

2  Thank Bassel H

Reviewed 13 March 2024

The flight was overbooked. I bought my ticket about a month before flying and when trying to check-in the night before the flight, they did not allowed me as the flight was overbooked. After all the stress at the airport of not having a seat during the 2 hours before the flight, a passenger did not show up and they gave me his/her seat. They couldn’t care less about their passengers only about the maximum amount of money.

1  Thank AnnaOaks
Reviewed 12 March 2024

Horrible customer service. I booked a flight yesterday on Air Europa and as soon as I clicked submit payment, it took me immediately to the home page without showing confirmation whether the order went through or not.

No confirmation page, no confirmation number, no confirmation email.
And TWO charges for the same flight.

I called Air Europa and was given a long song and dance that the transaction was declined and then that there was something in the system that wasn't showing correctly and that maybe it was a problem with my balance limit (no there isn't). I told her I had contacted my bank and that there was no restriction on my account and that I could process as usual.

Then she said, oh she already processed a refund document (whatever that is) and I got an email saying that one of the flights was refunded. I told her this is only one refund; there were two charges. She proceeded to say that I have to wait a few days for the refund to show up and "I will see." I asked for an explanation why it's showing two transactions approved and only one refund ... and if she is issuing one refund, isn't that a tacit admission that the transaction DID GO THROUGH? Why not apply that to the ticket I had ordered? Then she went through some mumbo jumbo that did not make sense whatsoever, and I asked for a supervisor. She refused to escalate the call, saying she had talked to the supervisor and the answer would be the same. No no, please escalate me and I would try to explain the situation to the supervisor. Again she refused.

So... I'm stuck with $3600 out of my account and only one refund confirmed to be coming my way in a few days. And no ticket.

1  Thank pb630
Reviewed 10 March 2024

There’s 0 leg room, 0 space when the person in front of you reclines back. The flight attendant literally sat in the back the whole time. We asked for water and they said we had to go back and order it and when we did they said to wait a while for them to come by?? The headphones that I bought for $3 also didn’t work and when I asked for a replacement I got ignored.

1  Thank Paradise18477976931
Reviewed 10 March 2024

It wasn't really a problem, but just something weird. To identify their luggage without problems, they glued and stitched a little Spanish flag on both of their bags. Both gone. It seemed too little to complain but I find it unacceptable somehow.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank J9021YEisabelg
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.