“One Awful Airline!”
Review of Air Europa

Reviewed 31 March 2024

I was traveling with a wheelchair bound passenger. We booked ground assistance via the airport authority but it took much longer than anticipated to connect to our Air Europa flights. We missed our flight by minutes and the next flight had at least six available seats but the Air Europa customer service staff refused to let us on the next flight if we didn’t pay over $500 for new tickets with no credit for the prior flights. Don’t expect any compassion or understanding, corporate greed dominates with Air Europa. Make a stand for handicapped people, don’t fly Air Europa please.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 30 March 2024

International flight of 13 hs, there was no service of breakfast which was not mentioned at the moment of booking the ticket, and you have to pay for headphones.
The rest was ok.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 25 March 2024

Service is practically not existent. You get drinks and food once on a 10! hour flight. If you want extra water, you have to go to the planes back and ask for a cup of water yourself.
Ordered vegetarian lunch beforehand via e-mail and at check-in, which was not delivered on both flights. Service was quite clear about it, that this is my fault and there is nothing they can do about that.
Satisfied the minimum requirements:
- baggage was delivered
- we arrived without crash
+ both journeys were on time.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 22 March 2024

Avoid at any cost aireurope. They don't open checkin 48 hours and they push you to buy more expensive seats. Finally, they don't allow you to follow until the end your checkin process if you don't buy anything.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 22 March 2024

On the departing flight from Europe, everything went accordingly.
But on my way back I got very disappointed with their service. I couldn’t do the checkin as their website/app didn’t work.

To contact them through telephone was so hard. The first time someone answered the call, he hung up because he seemed not to be listening to what I said. After many trials, finally another agent answered my call, and as he did his work (or pretended like doing so) the call was cut off. I tried to reach them through twitter, email, but they were even slower than their phone service.
I had sent an email on the day BEFORE my flight asking for help since neither their website nor their app worked. And guess what? Only 5 days AFTER my flight I got a reply! It’s unbelievable how an airline company can put us through this kind of hassle up to this day! Check in issues?! Please!

I usually get seats together when purchasing for 2 people and know where they are during checkin at least (so THEN I can decide if I wish to pay for a different spot or not). But with AE, on the return flight, they didn’t disclose my seat numbers. If you don’t pay, you just have your seat assigned to “random” and who knows where you will sit and when you get this info. 15€ per seat at least.

The airplane was awful. Two toilets had problems like broken door or toilet lid that wouldn’t stay open.

It’s my second experience with AE and the first time (2018) was surprisingly good, but this time, they don’t even serve breakfast anymore (unless you pay) in a 11 hour flight.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.