“Excellent Service”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service we received from the time we stepped onto the flight was fantastic, Staff very friendly and helpful food was fantastic service of high standard. Would certainly consider Air New Zealand again. Keep up the good work

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,537)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whilst the service wasn't bad it wasn't particularly good either.
First we had trouble with checking in our bags, there was no human and we had to do it via machine. No information about how to do this & the machine kept saying 'error or can't read'. I tried to find a person to be told 'please wait' then they walked off. Eventually someone came over and told us how to put the bag on the scales and then to place another sticker on bag so the machine could scan this!
When on the plane, it was the usual story, no much room...
However one hostess kept asking my partner if she was wearing her seatbelt and wanting to see. However I was sitting with my arms over my lap & you couldn't see if I had mine on, yet I was never asked. She felt very self conscious & thought she was being fat shamed.
Being our wedding we thought we'd fly with air NZ for a change. But in the future when travelling to NZ we'll be flying with Emirates again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first flight experience with air New Zealand.
I travelled from Melbourne to Los Angeles with a stop over in Auckland.
Although there was not a long lay over, it was nice to break up the usual 14 hour direct flight from Melbourne to the Los Angeles.
It has been said that as Australians we are 'laid back' however I felt this now applies to the New Zealanders. They were very friendly and relaxed.
The long haul flight to LA was on a plane which held fewer passengers which was great and it is worth looking into the new 'sky couch' seating next time.
I would not hesitate to try Air New Zealand again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Air New Zealand's aircraft was Boeing 787-9, Dreamliner. Enough legroom even in economy class and automatic window light adjustment. Very good in-flight services and can be ordered from seat. It is very comfortable for such long flight.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Prefer this airline, not just for the friendly and efficient service and space, but especially for their arrival and departure times. It's difficult in the wee morning hours, particularly when there is still a drive from the airport to home to factor in. I'd recommend the $25 upgrade to use the inflight movies etc and have a meal.