“first time with nz”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 16 February 2019

first time with NZ, booked through Travel Trolly, was surprised at quick check in, also how well their assisted travel works, all went smooth,. Into my seat , plane not to full , we had three seats , Service was quick on plane and always someone about if you wanted another drink. Food was good, in flight entertainment was good , plenty of choice. Service was so good spoke to head steward and remarked how much i was impressed and that i would in future be using them again.Note. This flight goes from LHR to LAX then on to New Zealand, so possibly why a few empty seats, good for me.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (10,821)

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

We flew nine hours from Honolulu to Auckland, and it seemed like much less time. The amenities on this airline surpass any I have enjoyed on flights to more than thirty countries. Certainly Air NZ puts US airlines to shame in terms of comfort and service. The food is tasty and (almost too) plentiful, and the choices of entertainment on your personal screen are amazing. We had to cut our vacation short due to a family emergency, so we had to change a number of flights and fly directly from Auckland to Chicago. Because of the long flight (15 hours) and the stress of a critical family illness, we booked an air bed, which was surprisingly comfortable for two average sized adults. More importantly, the staff of Air NZ was compassionate and patient in rebooking our flights. The agent spent over an hour on the phone to find the shortest and most economical way to get home. Air New Zealand harkens back to a time when the flight itself was actually part of the enjoyment of a trip. We hope to return some day and finish our exploration of that beautiful country.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

This flight was wonderful in Premium economy. The food , service and seats were very good. There is a lot more room with comfortable seating that enables you to really lay back and relax . This flight was on the dream liner . The food was really good, I would go as far as to say the best I have had in any airline flight. My first experience in Premium economy I could say was worth the extra dollars on this flight.

We did fly economy on the way there as usual even though we paid for the works package with drinks the crew were very slow in the service with drinks. I was only offered two on a six hour flight and my husbands second drink which was ordered 3 times never made it at all. This flight was probably the worst service I have had on an Air New Zealand flight as I have flown with them many times. The crew appeared quite stressed and it felt like we were a bother in asking for drinks so we gave up . Disappointing that my husbands first flight on Air New Zealand was not a good experience.
I find the Pilots on Air New Zealand to be the best as they come down for landing very slowly which makes a massive difference to the ear problems I have with flying. This is a major factor why I choose Air New Zealand to fly with as my ears can often take days to recover from a flight. Overall I have always been really happy flying Air New Zealand and one not so good flight would not deter me from recommending to fly ANZ. Top tip pay for Premium economy or try to get on the Dreamliner in economy.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

We traveled from Auckland to Hong Kong and back on Air New Zealand Premium Economy. The experience both ways was excellent.
Check in was quick with no queues (although the lady at the Auckland check in was grumpy - but efficient).
The seat was very comfortable. The bottle of water to keep us hydrated and the lip balm, tooth paste and tooth brush provided were much appreciated.
The food was very tasty and the fact that it was served with real cutlery and napkins made the experience comfortable and enjoyable. The plates etc were cleared quickly when we finished, enabling us to use the toilet if necessary without an interminable wait.
The toilets were clean and available without long queues.
We so enjoyed the Great Air NZ quizzes which made the journey seem so short!
The service by the staff in attendance was excellent - friendly and efficient.
We arrived at both destinations feeling well and happy.
The only negative was that the flight from Auckland was delayed but we were kept informed and it did not unduly inconvenience us.
Lakshman and Neila Abeynaike

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 15 February 2019

Had to pass throu' LA DO NOT DO IT we had a 2 hr stopover would of like a drink snack BUT we had to go throu' good old USA Passport / Immigration . Took nearly 2 hrs of queuing photos & finger prints God knows why we did not want to visit good old USA but nearly missed the flight!!!!!!!!