“Bucking the trend”
Review of Air Niugini

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Air Niugini cops a lot of flak for poor service, but that was not my experience at all. Staff were friendly, knowledgeble and accommodating. The food was fresh, tasty and a nice introduction to PNG cuisine.

2  Thank Trevor L

Reviewed 24 September 2017

While waiting for the afternoon flight to Cairns, I saw a man lying down on a couch in the refurbished terminal. As there were not many passengers in the terminal, I did likewise. As I was so tired from the ordeal of two cancelled flights from Alotau, I was glad to board the Cairns flight that was on time.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

When we arrived at the airport, we were simply told to come back on the following morning at the same time. They didn’t tell us why the flight was cancelled. On the following morning we were told that the morning flight was cancelled again, so we would be put on the afternoon flight. Then, what would happen to the connecting flight to Cairns? And what about my Qantas flights from Cairns? Their answer was: “We are working on it.”
Finally we were on the afternoon flight, but no amended itinerary was given to us. When we arrived in Port Moresby, I was told to hurry to the international terminal to get on the afternoon flight to Cairns! I refused to get on, as I was too tired to continue travelling. So they provided us accommodation.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Air Niugini has a bad reputation of delayed flight. So it was rather a nice surprise to experience a good connection without delay. After putting through my bags at the International terminal, I proceeded to the domestic terminal for boarding straight away.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

In order to avoid standing in a long queue at the check-in counter, I arrived at around 5:15am. As most passengers had already checked in, I was able to proceed without waiting. They served the same cold quiche for breakfast. I wish they’d serve something different.