“A New and Delightful Experience”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've recently started flying Alaska and are sold. The website is easy, the schedules good - they fly to Hawaii which we especially love - they often have the best price. But what really sold was the mileage plan, their credit card, and the service. One person at Orange County helped me with an app for the credit card, explained all the perks, then turned in the app for me. All the attendants are very friendly and they offer LOTS of free movies and TV shows on the plane. I know not every airline is perfect, but Alaska - we're sold!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,863)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I understand that that this is a business, and that the airlines are out to make a (hefty) profit. Alaska has chosen to sacrifice many of the things that made it an outstanding airline for customer service, and sadly, it now becomes nothing more than another player in the industry. Gone are the price guarantees, the change fee percs, the fixed rates for premium seats, and many of the benefits of being a FF with Alaska. Their saver fares are no bargain, and their in air customer service has started to lag behind others. I have been an elite status flier with Alaska for several years now, but after a 6 month hiatus while I traveled the world, it feels like the airline I knew and appreciated changed into just another giant corporate entity with its eye firmly on the bottom line. Tell me Alaska Airlines: is the 20 million or so extra you earn by eliminating fare guarantees worth alienating your loyal customers? I know that is a rhetorical question, but I had to ask it. So long Alaska, I guess I will have to start looking for the best fares and customer service elsewhere. Not that you care, but for me, it has been a good ride. Sorry to see you go

3  Thank ynpjohn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was flying standby on a Leisure trip from Seattle to New York and Back Again last weekend on Alaska Airlines and I wanted to share my experiences with you all. Even though I was flying stand by where I had a good chance of being bumped off of both flights, I was very fortunate 2 get a seat and have a great experience on both of the flights. While I was in New York, the weather turned quickly and temperatures drop to single digits on Sunday the 20th of January. There had been plenty of open seats on my flight back from JFK to Seattle, but due to the weather several other flights earlier that day had been canceled. The result was that my flight and many other evening flights were overrun with passengers from the canceled flights earlier that day. My flight was due to leave at 6:55 p.m. and I arrived with plenty of time at my gate hoping for the best. It showed One open seat and if you have ever flown standby from a city like New York under the conditions of that day you would know those are not good odds, but I was assured by the counter person that everything looked positive and that she did not see any issues with me being on flight. True to her word I did get onto the flight. It was definitely a full flight and the service was exceptional, just as it had been on the flight over to New York. At one point I suddenly had severe leg cramps and I walked back to the flight attendants and ask them if there was anything they could do or suggest to help? One of them gave me some tonic water and told me to drink it quickly. I did that with two glasses and they also heated some water in a bottle and wrapped it in a towel to place under my leg. After a few minutes the tonic water really seemed to work and everything was fine. Several of the flight attendants made it a point to ask me if it helped and how I was feeling later. All in all, I could not have asked for a better experience flying round trip across the country. Thank you Alaska Airlines for doing your part in assuring that I had a good trip to see New York City for the first time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The setback was when we returned to Los Angeles on January 2, 2019, our flight was at 9 am. but we delay in the immigration controls, we arrive at the boarding gate at exactly 9 a.m. and had already closed the door, there was no option to board that plane, however our bags went on that flight. Happily at the check-in counter, the supervisor was very friendly and accommodated us on the next flight at 11 am. and made the arrangements to reserve a place for us on the next flight from our connection to Lima, and she informed the other airline that our bags are being held at the Los Angeles airport until we arrive to continue the return trip to Lima. We finished our trip a few hours late but we were happy because we arrived well and with our bags, thanks to the kindness of the supervisor of this airline who guided us on what we should do in this case.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Paid to upgrade to Premium Coach. Service was horrific. Purchased a meal but got no fork and knife to eat it. Rang to get the flight attendant's attention and the first class attendant at first didn't really believe me as she said it should've been in the box with the meal, when I confirmed that wasn't the case she came down to let me know they would bring them right over. After 30 minutes they still hadn't brought it and they came by to pick-up trash and asked for fork and knife again. Again she said she would bring it over and 10 more minutes went by and nothing. Finally my fellow passenger that was in the aisle went down to retrieve a fork and knife for me. Flight attendants never came back through the aisle to ask if we wanted anything else to drink or to pick-up trash. Flight attendants never apologies and really had a terrible attitude. Didn't even greet us when we were getting off the plane. In addition, Alaska Aircraft are very bare bones with zero entertainment, no screens or even music channels or Wifi to connect your cell phone or ipad. No pillows or blankets even in premium economy.
When arriving at LAX we were dropped off in a remote station about 1 mile from the terminal and all passengers were crammed into a bus to take us to Tom Bradley for customs processing. Overall a terrible experience. I will try to avoid them in the future.