“LONG WAIT AT FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight itself was wonderful, as the plane was previously a Virgin Airlines plane and provided much more width and leg room in the Economy seats. They have free movies and the 5 hour flight was extremely comfortable. The problem was we were just returning from a Caribbean cruise and arrived at the airport at 9:30 a.m. to check in our luggage so we could leave the airport and do some sight seeing. Unfortunately, we discovered the Alaska clerks didn't arrive until 3:30 p.m. and there was NO seating available in the check-in area. We discovered we could go downstairs to the luggage pickup area and there was seating there; however, we had to wait 6 hours to check in our luggage!!! If you are disembarking from a cruise, we would highly suggest you book a tour prior for Ft. Lauderdale vs. spending the entire day sitting and waiting!

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (12,259)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Plane boarding easy and helps to have an Alaska Airline Credit Card. pays off. Easy boarding, flight attendance friendly and helpful .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flying first class is always great...wish I could do it every time. Service is as good as it can be in coach class and SO attentive in first class. Personnel are great in the airport and on the planes. I always choose Alaska when I have the option. I appreciate the fact that they have a great on time record and a free checked bag.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a variety of planes. First one top notch with tv screens on the back of seats etc. The other two legs felt like older, funkier planes that hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned. What a contrast on the same airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been with Alaska for more than 20 years and for most of the time I had great experiences. Flight attendants are always friendly. I like the feature of notifying me when changes are happening.

Date of travel: January 2019