“Fantastic ”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We had booked various flights with Alitalia in January (flying in August) Rome to Venice, Genoa to Rome, Rome to Naples, Naples to Sicily and Sicily to Rome. Only to hear in June the airline had gone into administration. So was slightly concerned. All flights left on time and in fact arrived minimum 20 to 30 minutes ahead of scheduled arrival. Bags were at the carousel in a matter of minutes. Brilliant - our flights were very reasonably priced and service was great, would definitely fly with them in the future.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (15,274)

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Usuallly Alitalia gets bad reviews.in this case thumbs up.clean planes,punctuality,good in flight entertainment,decent leg room for an economy Seat.my tip:check the plane before buying the ticket and when possibile choose Airbus 330 over Boeing 777:the first has a less sardine- packed configuration

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Had to pay €40 for my luggage as Alitalia website at the time I and my boyfriend purchased our ticket (6month ago) failed to notify us we had the so called 'light fare' ONLY on the outbound flight! How can you have a check in luggage on the return only! Ridiculous!
€80 for 2 bags to check in is a stealer and worse than Ryanair or EasyJet!
Even when we received the email from Alitalia that we could do our check in online 24hrs prior our flight, we were not notify of our bag allowance!
On arrival at Palermo my luggage was broken and complained and wasted my time for nothing as apparently Alitalia only pays damage for a completely 'destroyed' luggage! Unbelievable!
All our flights had a schedule change and we had to rush to our connecting flight on the way to Palermo and wait 2hrs in Milan Linate(worse airport in Italy) on the way back to Heathrow!
I will NEVER FLY ALITALIA again!
I am about to file a big complain!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This flight was 9 and 1/2 hours
The plane was old and our tv monitors didn't work so we couldn't watch movies
the games were so old I just gave up trying to use them as a distraction
Would not consider flying Alitalia again

Date of travel: July 2017
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We hope a long life for Alitalia, even if not guaranteed...
The crew members are always nice and smiling.
The only real shame is the 'salty' or 'sweet' snacks. It takes more energy to open the small package than eating the 4 (four) small biscuits inside...last year they where 5...

Date of travel: June 2017
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)