“Think about the upgrade”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 11 December 2018

First let me say the crew and flight attendants were terrific. The food and drinks were plentiful and kept coming. However, I would never fly Economy on this airline again. The economy seating is very cramped and the window seat has no leg room because they put a large box under the seat in front of you to accommodate the needed electronics to play the videos on your in-seat monitor. I sat in the aisle on all my flights but had some poor large people cramping in the window seats on my row. Also, there is no power for your devices and the flight to Rome is very very long. Spring for the extra bucks and get the better seats up front.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (15,029)

Reviewed 11 December 2018

My daughter and myself flew business class from ATH to Rome then Rome to JFK after a Viking cruise. The weather was not good. The skills of the pilot and his crew was incredible. Service was wonderful. The food and coffee was delicious. We would definitely fly this airline again.

Reviewed 10 December 2018

The airline standards are really low. On the GRU-FCO flight my entertainment screen didn't work for the entire flight. I was traveling with three other people and their screens didn't work either. I ordered a vegetarian meal and I got the main services, but I didn't get the mid-flight snack on the return flight. Instead, the crew told me "eat this; we only have chicken". This male crew who was serving me barely replied when I addressed him and he was rude during the whole service. Also, the last "meal" served to me upon arrival in São Paulo was barely a meal, as it was just a salad. The crew didn't replenish the toilets during the whole flight, so the toilets were out of toilet paper most of the time. Honestly, I don't intent to fly Alitalia ever again.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 10 December 2018

after a problem of overbooking, I must say that the company has been busy to solve the problem and make me arrive in time to destination

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

Commissioners who are not in attendance, pretend they have not heard you in an executive class (comment in English / Portuguese)

Worst business class I've ever been to, I was on flight AZ679 leaving from Sao Paulo, going to Rome on December 8th, flight time 22 hours. Chair 4C

Before the plane took off, with the plane still on the floor, the stewardess asked me if I had already chosen dinner, I said no, and I asked if I should choose at that moment, or if I could choose and say later? She replied abruptly, and with her face extremely closed, "yes, if I wanted to have dinner"
What?
Passengers can not choose the time of their dinner in business class? I've never seen this in my life.

Then I realized that I spoke in English, and the stewardess would answer me in Italian, ask again in English, and she would answer me in Italian, until I asked: does an Alitalia Executive Class stewardess speak no English? Miraculously the English appeared in his mouth ...

I commented with other Brazilian passengers about the service and they were also finding the service bad, the food on the flight was not good, and whenever Brazilians called a stewardess it went straight, even without anything in their hands, they pretended to be busy and they left, Funny that this was not the case with Italian passengers ...

I felt disrespected, hurt in the way they treated us on the flight, and appalled because after dinner no more flight attendants / flight attendants appeared, they were gone, it was the worst executive flight of my life!

They gave us vouchers for internet wifi on board which did not work during the almost 11 hour flight

Then I took another flight from Europe to Israel (also in business class), in that we were treated well, but as the origin was from a European country it became clear the disregard for Latinos (I will comment on that flight soon)

Very sad and hurt

Português:

Antes do avião decolar, com o avião ainda em solo a aeromoça me perguntou se eu já tinha escolhido o jantar, eu disse que não, e eu perguntei se deveria escolher naquele momento, ou se poderia escolher e dizer depois? Ela me respondeu de maneira abrupta, e com a cara extremamente fechada que “sim se eu quisesse jantar”
O que?
Passageiros não podem escolher a hora do seu jantar na classe executiva? Eu nunca vi isso na minha vida.

Em seguida, percebi que falava em inglês, e a aeromoça me respondia em italiano, perguntava de novo em inglês, e ela me respondia em italiano, até que perguntei: uma aeromoça da Classe Executiva da Alitalia não fala inglês? Milagrosamente o inglês surgiu em sua boca...

Comentei com outros passageiros brasileiros sobre o atendimento e eles também estavam achando péssimo o atendimento, a comida do voo não estava boa, e sempre que brasileiros chamavam uma aeromoça ela passava reto, mesmo sem nada nas mãos, elas fingiam estarem ocupadas e iam embora, engraçado que isso não ocorria com passageiros italianos...

Me senti desrespeitado, magoado na maneira a qual nos trataram no voo, e estarrecido pois depois do jantar não apareceram mais aeromoças/comissários de bordo, eles sumiram, foi o pior voo de executiva da minha vida!

Em seguida peguei outro voo da Europa para Israel (também em classe executiva), nesse fomos bem tratados, mas como a origem era de um país europeu ficou claro o descaso com latinos (farei um comentário sobre esse voo em breve)

Muito triste e magoado