“No More AA! Rude Staff”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling with a 1&1/2 year old and 16 year old and were all separated. All I wanted was two of the three seats together at best because squeezing me with a toddler in a middle seat was just ridiculous. They said the flight was full and were already having problems, and others were in my situation as far as being separated. I told the woman I have a baby with me. She just gave me a look. Now upon boarding, one of the flight attendants, Kami, insisted we check a bag, that there were three adults and four carry-ons, in which my daughter had explained she only had one carry on and the small bag on her shoulder was a purse. But the flight attendant wasn't too friendly and insisted we check one of the bags. Mind you, I had all the baby necessities in these bags! Kami continued to make sarcastic comments, such as telling me I would soon have to return to my seat when I was squatting down to get something out of my bag under the seat. I said I know that and I asked if she thought I intended to stay down there. (Hello!). Then upon descending, she made a sarcastic comment about a seatbelt. "Fasten your seatbelt. The strap dangling is a dead give away it's not fastened." I just had to bite my tongue.
The plane was tight. No room to breathe. Very uncomfortable and they should not keep flight attendants that seem miserable with their job.
Overall, they are far from accommodating.

1  Thank Danyca
Write a ReviewReviews (40,110)

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Just recently have airline service out of small community close to us. So nice to not have to drive to the city, fight the traffic, parking, long lines etc etc etc. The tickets were pricey but convenience was nice. In Phoenix it was a lifesaver to catch the shuttle to the gate of our next flight otherwise we probably wouldn't have made it. Some confusion at the gate in that they kept calling for passengers for Charlotte rather than Chicago, even the pilot made the mistake when he welcomed the passengers on. I was concerned but they finally got it straight! The plane was packed totally full. Tight fit for everyone. Other than that, our trip was uneventful going and returning. Every flight left & arrived on time, the flight crew was polite and helpful.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Since year 2000 I have flown AA multiple times, I remember the days when there was no such thing as luggage fees, early boarding for luggage space.........

So when I booked a flight with AA for honeymoon trip to Maui I did not even think twice as my prior experiences have been excellent.

My wife had never flown outside of continental US thus I wanted to make sure her initial experience was enjoyable. Hence I got priority boarding, paid extra for luggage (which normally would be free at Southwest airline).

Preflight service: So the priority boarding turned out to be big waste of money since the airline decided to board earlier than scheduled time. We lost bin space, the main reason I paid extra for!!!!!

Flight: Boeing 757, twin aisle. Not enough bathrooms, not enough room to sit comfortably. TV screens were attached to the ceiling, no choice to choose your own channel.

In flight Service: flight crew got upset with me for requesting another coke (they had served one 2 hours earlier), she almost threw the glass at me. She was frowning that how dare I ask for another coke!!! other passengers also felt the same.

Bottom line: Just because the fare is cheap on Expedia doesn't mean your experience will be better, you need to read the fine print. AA is now so big that they don't care if the customer is suffering! It's not like you have very many choices as a consumer! This is very sad because my past experiences were much better.

Hard to forget this experience even 7 month later, since it was our honeymoon trip!

1  Thank bassora2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Thankfully, I don't have to fly American often. However, was recently flying from PSP to MSP, with an hour layover in PHX.

Their 4:50 pm PSP>PHX flight was delayed 50 mins. They quickly turned the plane around on the ground in PSP and we got to PHX with abt 10 mins to catch our 7 pm MSP flight. There were 5-6 of us making this same connection from PSP.

The MSP gate agent could have held the flight for 10 mins but, while we were all sprinting to the next concourse to try and catch it, sent it out. Same situation with DEN passengers, from our delayed PSP flight, going out of adjacent gate.

Re-booked on the red eye, 5 hours later, departing at 12 midnight. Gate agents and CS reps were incredibly UNhelpful through that whole process.

AA's red eye flight was then delayed about 30 mins b/c the crew did not arrive on time. We're finally onboard and flight attendant announces that we'll be delayed a little longer while they wait for some passengers who are on their way to try and catch this flight!

MSP passengers are upset that AA now decides to hold plane for connecting passengers. This is expressed to flight attendant who gets the surly gate agent supervisor, who comes back and asks us if we'd like to step off the plane.

Our 5-hour trip became a 13-hour travel nightmare thanks to AA's horrible service and organizational incompetence. Never flying American again.

1  Thank KDB1502
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Arrived 40 minutes prior to departure (admittedly that is late). I was the only person in the check-in line. The plane was literally 200 feet away (and no one in the TSA line). Could not check my bag. Was told about 45 minutes in advance... and that it has always been that way. Except, that is a lie. The minimum checked-bag time was 30 minutes.
Must have changed, so airline rules before customer service. So, now will arrive five hours late.

I will actively avoid American Airlines in the future. Their business will run much more smoothly without passengers.