“Kinda got rooked”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Made reservations two months later AA canceled my flight and my seat assignment of 7B which was supposed to leave at 4:10 p.m.. They canceled that flight and created a new one at 4:04 p.m. same day same air port but my seat was now 26d. Called and asked they'd give me back the 7B for $50.00us. Lousy as can be.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (45,438)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Good: Both flights were smooth and arrived EARLY!
Bad: Two agents pretended they could not move me to a better seat without charging me. After the flight was in the air, I moved myself up 9 rows to a row with 3 empty seats and stretched out. No thanks to AA.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I have not flown in a very long time. On October 14, 2017, our American Airlines plane took off from Miami as scheduled. We were in the air about 30 minutes when the Captain came on the intercom to say the plane was having technical difficulties with the on-board computer and we were returning to Miami. After sitting on a hot plane for some time and the mechanics/technicians decided it could not be fixed quickly, they sent us back into the terminal to wait to board a replacement. They gave the passengers nothing above what was planned. Lunch was moved from our broken plane to the new plane but it was now obviously dinner and was warm instead of cold as it should have been. AA is now less two future passengers. They did give us 5,000 miles that gets us, guess, no where.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

A direct flight to Kauai from Phoenix is a great option to have, otherwise, it was your average uncomfortable five and a half hour flight. Flight attendants were OK, no one got dragged off the plane. It was a smooth flight in a very uncomfortable seat in economy-plus section. The 757 has an unwatchable TV screen located on the ceiling mid-isle, the sound during the movie was intermittent, so you could barely see the movie and the sound was intermittent...great. The only positive about this plane is the restroom midplane. What has happened to this industry? Also, the plane was not cleaned preflight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank RU4NJ
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I had previously posted my negative experience with checking in a backpack w AA at a cost of $25, only to retrieve the backpack upon landing completely damaged and unusable for a 35 day backpacking trip through Central America. Upon my return home to the States and after altering my trip dramatically, having to limit where I traveled and by incurring additional flight costs, AA denied my claim. Without any prompting, AA denied my claim a 2nd time months later even though I did not request an appeal or for AA to reevaluate my claim and their decision. Just poor management at it's best. Therefore I would highly recommend using any airline other than American Airlines if this is how they treat their customers.

1  Thank william k